Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to datalog ghosts?

Options
  • 24-11-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

David M. Rountree, from Spin Investigations has been running some extremely interesting experiments in regards the natural environment and mediums.

David and his team have been been running emf datalogging equipment at the same time as they ran an experiment with a medium. As the medium 'communicated', a carrier wave suddenly appeared in the em field, prompting David to wonder if this carrier wave was actually indeed carrying information directly to the medium. The medium stopped receiving information at precisely the same time that the carrier wave broke down.

You can read about this experiment here and there's also a TAPS Family Radio interview here (David's interview is about 50 mins in)

Do you think this could be a way to document apparent paranormal activity (or indeed document natural causes for what people assume is paranormal activity)? Or is such research a waste of time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I have never met one paranormal team in Ireland who actually log any data with ghost hunting, especially not the systematic way we do when surveying ect. Of course Macored, ive never seen you guys in action but I assume you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

theres a fella in germany making a multi logger for me - it'll datalog RF, ELF, EMF and Infrasound. It'll log any changes in any of those fields (along with humidity and temp though im not too pushed about those). the idea is if theres an apparent evp captured or something so called paranormal goes on, that you could check that data and see if there was any change in the environment. Its so obvious I dont know why nobodies been doing it. then again, i only thought it obvious after we done yer mans interview.

have a look at that PDF ... what yer man is doing is pretty interesting. he claims that with the right medium, his experiments are repeatable in that he can show time and time again that when the medium apparently 'communicates' that a carrier signal appears in the em field. when the medium stops communicating, the carrier signal vanishes. He's only looking at em fields, but I want to look at rf as well in case its possible to replicate evps and show that radio interference could easily be the culprit.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

It would probably show so if a medium is making it all up or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

thats what I was thinking.

*if* Rountree's data stacks up (they will be publishing it all on a site in a year or so - they're trying to set up something like journalparanormalresearch.com and get the data peer reviewed in the meantime) then regardless of anything, you'll be able to seperate the total out and out fakes from those who seem to be interacting with the surrounding environment. Whether that interaction is paranormal or not is a whole other ballgame.

Advertisement