Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAG Ireland high visibility usage survey

Options
  • 24-11-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Posting the following on behalf of MAG Ireland;
    MAG Ireland needs your help! We've just launched a survey to assess the situation regarding the voluntary use of high visibility clothing by Irish riders. It's just 12 multiple choice questions and should take no more than five minutes of your time. By taking part, you will help to shape MAG policy and our discussions with the RSA on this issue. For a full explanation, and to take part in the survey, see the MAG web site post at: http://www.magireland.org/2011/campaigns/hiviz/mag-ireland-high-visibility-survey/

That is all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mcquill

Done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭amacca

done

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭phoenix0250

done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Pataman

Moi Aussi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Good to see Mag pull their finger out. I emailed them about 8 years ago volunteering and I still didn't get a reply.
    Tldr
    Mag are a load of cack imo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There's no option for fair weather bikers in the 2nd last question, my bike doesn't see poor weather.

My rain suit has reflective piping, which also wasn't really asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Done and it's a well worded quick survey......

PS.... The website is looking nice and crisp, good improvement....

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

seanybiker wrote: »
    Good to see Mag pull their finger out. I emailed them about 8 years ago volunteering and I still didn't get a reply.
    Tldr
    Mag are a load of cack imo

Shame you felt let down, seems a lot of people did from what I hear. Different ball game these days though.
    Del2005 wrote: »
    There's no option for fair weather bikers in the 2nd last question, my bike doesn't see poor weather. My rain suit has reflective piping, which also wasn't really asked.

From talking to the MAG research guy, it's impossible to cover all the bases. There was no option for "bikes are my only form of transport" in the what do you use your bike for question either. The comment box at the end might have been the best place for the rainsuit suggestion? That said, the responses to date have been fantastic. It was over 400 when I spoke to the MAG office earlier.
    Done and it's a well worded quick survey......

PS.... The website is looking nice and crisp, good improvement....

Thanks, I'll pass that on to MAG HQ. The following addendum to the original post went up this morning;
    Update, 25th November 2011: MAG Ireland would like to say a huge “Thank You!” to everyone who has responded so far. We’ve had over 400 responses in less than 24 hours. Some of the comments are so good that we’re going to publish a selection of them – anonymously of course – on the site. We are frankly amazed at the response and the effort people have put into submitting their own experiences with high visibility clothing whether good, bad or indifferent. Many have spoken of accidents and near misses while wearing high-viz – MAG Ireland will be conducting research on right-of-way violation accidents involving riders early in the new year, so rest assured we will be coming back to that one. We will be posting the full results up in due course, and we expect to have preliminary results in a fortnight or so. Once again, thank you!

Ride Safe,
    MAG Ireland

It's been a great response so far, thank you & keep 'em coming. If you're on other forums, or Facebook club pages or whatever, please pass the link along.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Done also...even though I'm currently bikeless due to Ducati Motorcycles taking their time giving me a quote for a new bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭amacca

Done also...even though I'm currently bikeless due to Ducati Motorcycles taking their time giving me a quote for a new bike.

1199??????

where is green with envy smilie?

Preliminary results now on MAG site: http://www.magireland.org/2011/campaigns/hiviz/mag-ireland-high-viz-survery-preliminary-results/

I believe the full results will be out sometime in Jan 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Interesting reading. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

When will there be more info along carsQhere? More info on the votes etc.?

When will there be more info along carsQhere? More info on the votes etc.?

Last I heard was looking like the tail end of January. There's a meeting in mid January so I'll know more after that.

Advertisement