Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Solidworks Help

• 24-11-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Im doing output 4 now and trying to make this aftershave bottle. I have it mostly done but I can't do the writing along the side of it as it wont alow me rotate the text, I've tried drawing the text on a new plane, on the front plane and even as a test on basic objects and just on the front or top plane without any object there but nothing will allow me to rotate the text. There is a rotate button but it just doesn't work for me. What can I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

GarIT wrote: »
    Im doing output 4 now and trying to make this aftershave bottle. I have it mostly done but I can't do the writing along the side of it as it wont alow me rotate the text, I've tried drawing the text on a new plane, on the front plane and even as a test on basic objects and just on the front or top plane without any object there but nothing will allow me to rotate the text. There is a rotate button but it just doesn't work for me. What can I do?
    I'm not sure what you mean. Creating a plane, Writing the text, and extruding it into the cylinder should work. Do you mean writing it vertically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean. Creating a plane, Writing the text, and extruding it into the cylinder should work. Do you mean writing it vertically?

Yeah I was trying to get it vertically, and it wouldn't work for a long time, I managed to do it with a centerline and used that to put the text onto. The only problem is it wont wrap around the bottle properly now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

What you need to do is create a new plane offset from the bottle. Then write in the text. Then in the extrude menu you can choose -FROM (dropdown menu) surface

Advertisement