Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Yay or Nay

Options
  • 24-11-2011 2:07pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following on from a similar poll on the CoD forum, I was surprised to see that just over 40% of people were satisfied in what the game delivered.

Now I'm asking the question here. A patch has been applied now and simple question: Is BF3 a yay, undecided, or nay for you?

BF3: Yay or nay? 88 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Undecided
    92% 81 votes
    Nay
    7% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Yay all the way.

The game very rarely crashes now and it very rarely crashed in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Loved the game and had very few issues even before the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

can someone tell me why in great odin's beard I can't vote on the above??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

This is my first Battlefield game and I've gotta say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. You usually get an epic moment or two with each session you play. Patch didn't seem to address any of the important issues bar the Scar and not loving this random crashing feature but such is PC gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

can someone tell me why in great odin's beard I can't vote on the above??

This has now been resolved but I am still trapped in a glass case of emotion! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm having my fair share of issues but I absolutely love the game.
    Best fun I've had online since the good old days of CoD: United Offensive Base Assault!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Undecided

I absolutely love the game , it looks great , has the kinda gameplay that I love and I am even fine with the who battlelog/find a game/hook up with friends thingy .

BUT

It's EA/Dice and I have seen first hand what their patches and patches patches and their patches patches patches can do to break up a community and after the last patch this worries me greatly .

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

jonski wrote: »
    Undecided

I absolutely love the game , it looks great , has the kinda gameplay that I love and I am even fine with the who battlelog/find a game/hook up with friends thingy .

BUT

It's EA/Dice and I have seen first hand what their patches and patches patches and their patches patches patches can do to break up a community and after the last patch this worries me greatly .

I agree 100% the ruined battlefield 2142 with a patch cant remember which one but i never played after it.

Battlefield 3 so far before and after the patch is great lets hope its still the same after the next patch

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's very far from perfect, but I think it's a great game, so I'm a definite Yay for it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Definite Yay for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

As a Battlefield noob, now I'm not even sure if I'll bother asking Santa for MW3. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Yay all the way. I was big (relatively) into COD:MW2 before getting this, then bought BC2 to have a taste before deciding if I'd get BF3 or MW3. To be honest, I only got BF3 since a mate got me a staff discount so I snatched it for €30 for the xbox on release day. Man, I haven't even though about playing MW2, or even considered getting MW3 since I started playing. Absolutely love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Absolutely love the game.... when it decides to work. With all the disconnects, change map crashes, black screens etc I'm still, just about, undecided. I'm assuming there will be a fairly major patch with the DLC in December (hopefully) so I'll give Dice / EA the benefit of the doubt until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I love the game. Just did some epic flag defending in Seine and was loving it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Now I'm no COD/BF fanboy, I'll always buy the new games as they come out and enjoy them..but I mean, BF3 just has that magic about it..I picked up MW3 when it came out and I played it for about 5 mins before I wanted to play more BF3..there's just something about it! I built a new PC with BF3 in mind and I'm delighted I did..because it's just..unreal.

Can not wait for Karkand! :) Never been as excited about DLC for somethin before!

O and the main thing is I just want more **** to blow up. Not enough holes in the ground and stuff...and explosions. Needs more explosions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yay.

Bf3 is Just great. Even while we talk lads are shooting the living jesus out of each other. I can't join :( work tommorow :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Nay

Haven't been able to log on to multiplayer at all and after weeks of trying to get help from EA they now say there is nothing they can do. Getting rid of it the weekend and getting Skyrim instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I was undecided for a while, and really disappointed with all the connection probs. For some reason, my connection issues have eased up - it still might take a couple of tries to get into a game, and am only getting about 1 crash per night now. Plus, using Teamspeak, and playing as a team is a must. It's pretty crap if you're just a lonewolf - unless you do the sniper on a hill thing.

So it's a yay - most defo. Bring on Karkland - and hopefully Wake will be back too at some stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

DonalN wrote: »
    So it's a yay - most defo. Bring on Karkland - and hopefully Wake will be back too at some stage.

Isn't Wake Island part of the Back to Karkand?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

yup :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

ktulu123 wrote: »
    yup :)

ohh sweeeeet!!!

Advertisement