Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test

• 24-11-2011 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi all, this is the closest forum I could find for what Im looking for...

I've my test tomorrow and I'm just wondering how they mark it? I know what they're are looking for but how many error's am I allowed? How many minor errors? and what is classed a major error, whats a fail straight away and whats am I allowed go wrong on?

My driving centre has one of the lowest pass rates, so I want to be careful because I hear they don't like giving tests and will fail you on little things.

Go raibh maith agaibh
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

muineachan wrote: »
    Hi all, this is the closest forum I could find for what Im looking for...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=909

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

muineachan wrote: »
    Go raibh maith agaibh

what ? :confused:

kidding :P

you have 3 sections of marks.

not allowed any grade 3's (red)
    you can have some 9 grade two's overall but not soo many on the same line i think ? (blue)
    knoc yourself out on the greens, they dont affect the test result but try not to get any anyway ! (grade 1)

just be professional about it and be serious. have a look at the rsa website for grades info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thread moved

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Grade 1s (minor errors) do not directly affect your test result.
    Grade 2s (serious errors): you will fail if you get 9 or more overall, or 4 on the one line, or 6 in the one section (e.g. progress).
    Grade 3s (dangerous errors): if you get one of these, you fail.

Here's the marking guidelines: http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/ADI/DrivingFault_Marking_Guides.pdf

It's effectively the marking scheme the examiners use - when they give Grade 2s, Grade 3s, etc., and what subjects to put various faults under. There's not many exams where you get to see the marking scheme before you sit the exam!

As your test is tomorrow don't get too bogged down on reading it though, just relax, go to bed early, and do your best tomorrow! All of the hard work is done at this stage, you can't 'cram' for a driving test!

Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭muineachan

Ah thanks a mill thats exactly what I was looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement