Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photocopied 5 euro notes as 'vouchers off' local Hair & Nail salon

Options
  • 24-11-2011 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

I was in my local Eurospar this morning, and as i was leaving a lady doing a promotion inside the the door came up to me with a flyer with what i thought was a 5 euro note stapled onto it, and said 'this is for you if you sign your till reciept and put it in the box there. there is a prize draw as well'.
    I am not really into hair/nails stuff, but the fiver looked real so i signed my reciept and stuck it in the box.
    I was having a pretty busy morning, and in a hurry home, but when i got outside i saw the 'fiver' is a photocopy of one side of a 5e note, the other side has written on it "must spend 30e or more with this voucher' and the name & address of a local beauty salon.
    I do not bother with tesco/dunnes clubcards, etc, i don't like the idea of companies having information on my 'buying habits'.
    Feel a bit ripped off tbh, thought i was getting a five euro note to sign/address my reciept from Eurospar.
    Surely its not legal to hand out photocopied money?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Well it was only 1 side so you could hardly use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Isn't it illegal to copy a note, even if it is only one side?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Does this shed any light?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

My only advice to you would be to go to your local hair and nail salon . - Support local enterprises - they badly need it .

And in this case , you save 5e when you spend 30e and you are also entered in a prize draw .

' it could be you '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hi, thanks for the info onyx.
    I agree with you allthedoyles about supporting local business - totally - but i get my hair done maybe once a year an not really a one for the false talons.
    I was just wondering if it was legal, thats all. (i am not going to 'do' anything about it, was just to satisfy my own curiosity. )
    Cheers ppl :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,999 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Oryx wrote: »
    Does this shed any light?

That would be handy if we had Irish currency. The salon could say it was a Spanish €5 :D

The OP doesn't say if it was a full fiver or just looked like one with a quick glance, which is what made them think someone was handing out free money!

I know of places which photocopy $1 bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Del2005 wrote: »
    That would be handy if we had Irish currency. The salon could say it was a Spanish €5 :D

The OP doesn't say if it was a full fiver or just looked like one with a quick glance, which is what made them think someone was handing out free money!

I know of places which photocopy $1 bills
    it was one side of a fiver- same size, colour, etc, - stapled frontways to a flyer.
    Ye i thought i was getting a fiver for free for entering a comp., untill i went outside and felt like a bit of a thick :D
    The way she said 'this is for youuuuuu' like she was giving me something of worth made me think it was a fiver too. Naive huh?!

Advertisement