Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People brainwashed, stupid or just absolute bandwagoners?

• 24-11-2011 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Having seen a few recent posts, and loads in the past, some things never change. Like a headline blasted across a page of a newspaper and you have internet user 5,000,827,099 go on a rant about how the attacker is this or that or perpetrator deserves a slow painful...

This is even before it is established whether or not a crime has actually taken place. Whether or not "the victim" is actually a victim at all and may well turn out to have played a part in their own downfall or emotiojnally regret something, etc.

It annoys me how people are so quick to jump the gun, even though they know absolutely nothing personally about the actual facts surrounding a case.

I try to keep away from forums a fair bit due to the bandwagon fashion that's ramp online. But just found the recent idiots to much to ignore. Maybe another internet break is in order.

When I see a news report I 7 votes

Start a rant! I know absolutely nothing about the facts but loads will agree...
    0% 0 votes
    Say nothing, wait and see what develops...
    0% 0 votes
    Don't care either way...
    100% 7 votes
    AJ
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I've read this a few times and I still don't get the point other than to get this off your chest.

People are people and each to their own. Just don't get your knickers in such a twist just because they act like the programmed herd that they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Simply put, people going on a news article as if it's solid fact.

Not really getting knockers in a twist but I suppose I just wanted to put it out there. Programmed alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jay D wrote: »

Not really getting knockers in a twist

Good moaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

mikom wrote: »
    Good moaning.
    haha - ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Hang the bastard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Jay D wrote: »
    Having seen a few recent posts, and loads in the past, some things never change. Like a headline blasted across a page of a newspaper and you have internet user 5,000,827,099 go on a rant about how the attacker is this or that or perpetrator deserves a slow painful...

This is even before it is established whether or not a crime has actually taken place. Whether or not "the victim" is actually a victim at all and may well turn out to have played a part in their own downfall or emotiojnally regret something, etc.

It annoys me how people are so quick to jump the gun, even though they know absolutely nothing personally about the actual facts surrounding a case.

I try to keep away from forums a fair bit due to the bandwagon fashion that's ramp online. But just found the recent idiots to much to ignore. Maybe another internet break is in order.

it's the tabloid mentality. There are good guys and then there are scumbags. Most of this section of the forum are at that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Mob rule...rules !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lots of people think that the more punitive they are, the more empathy they have and are desperate to out-do everyone else, it's a care-o-thon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Yeah, the mob mentality of the sheeple does get to me sometimes.
    They're all obviously just thick.
    Nothing you can do about that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭PaudyW

just look at the iphone for your answer, stupid brainwashed sheeple,

• Advertisement
Advertisement