If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amp and speakers

Options
  • 24-11-2011 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Am looking for a budget amp and small-ish speakers combo to playback music streamed through logitech squeezebox. Been looking at the denon pma510, but its getting mixed reviews and the marantz pm5004... any recommendations / deals with speakers?

the denon dm38 also looks good value (even tho dont need DAB or CD)

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

MudSkipper wrote: »
    Hi,

Am looking for a budget amp and small-ish speakers combo to playback music streamed through logitech squeezebox. Been looking at the denon pma510, but its getting mixed reviews and the marantz pm5004... any recommendations / deals with speakers?

the denon dm38 also looks good value (even tho dont need DAB or CD)

Cheers

Mud,

apologies for keeping you waiting so long :o

If you are looking for a DM38 style system instead of full width separates - I have recently heard the Pioneer X-HM20 - it looks a bit like the DM38, but sounds amazing - it comes supplied with speakers, which are okay - however if you chuck them away and pop a decent pair of speakers on like the Cambridge Audio S30 which are really compact http://www.whathifi.com/review/cambridge-audio-s30 - add the X-HM20 - they produce a really amazing sound - add in DAB / FM radio / ipod dock and CD player and you cant go wrong!

Normally £330 - Boardie special for the S30 and the XHM20 - £249.95..

If you wanted the X-HM20 on it's own ....£149.95..

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Thanks John,

Like the sound of the cambridge speakers :-) Not sold on the pioneer tho, as I need a minimum of two audio inputs.... which brings it back to the denon dm38. I've also seen the kenwood k-711, which is tempting because of the digital inputs.. any idea how that one sounds?

Also love the look of the nad c715, but reckon that will be out my budget

Edit: (inspired by the monitor audio stream thread) I'm also looking for something for the bedroom which can also access the flac collection on the squeezebox server (vortexbox) but is not as expensive as the 'logitech squeezebox boom' and although the audio stream does not support flac it did point me to the Philips Streamium NP2900 which does :-) any price on the philips?

Thanks John,

Like the sound of the cambridge speakers :-) Not sold on the pioneer tho, as I need a minimum of two audio inputs.... which brings it back to the denon dm38. I've also seen the kenwood k-711, which is tempting because of the digital inputs.. any idea how that one sounds?

Also love the look of the nad c715, but reckon that will be out my budget

Edit: (inspired by the monitor audio stream thread) I'm also looking for something for the bedroom which can also access the flac collection on the squeezebox server (vortexbox) but is not as expensive as the 'logitech squeezebox boom' and although the audio stream does not support flac it did point me to the Philips Streamium NP2900 which does :-) any price on the philips?

Mud,

funny you mention the C715 - I was just looking at one on the shelf the other day and telling the guys to get it flogged - typical - I have to do everything myself! :D:D

:D If you would like to completely snaffle a C715 - you can have our demo one - as you may know our shelf stock is not even powered on! if you were interested in the C715 I would do it with the S30's at just £399.95 ( in other words you get the speakers free!) Full warranty would apply of course and that price would include delivery...

Keep me posted - I'll go back on the hunt if commanded...;)

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Mud,

funny you mention the C715 - I was just looking at one on the shelf the other day and telling the guys to get it flogged - typical - I have to do everything myself! :D:D

:D If you would like to completely snaffle a C715 - you can have our demo one - as you may know our shelf stock is not even powered on! if you were interested in the C715 I would do it with the S30's at just £399.95 ( in other words you get the speakers free!) Full warranty would apply of course and that price would include delivery...

Keep me posted - I'll go back on the hunt if commanded...;)

ATVB,

John Mc

Thanks John,

It's £100 more than I'd budgeted, but looks like would be a set up to rival my main Arcam Solo Mini setup :) It's a deal if you could see fit to throw in some speaker cables :D

Proper music in the bedroom will have to wait so (I'll be back!) :p

Thanks John,

It's £100 more than I'd budgeted, but looks like would be a set up to rival my main Arcam Solo Mini setup :) It's a deal if you could see fit to throw in some speaker cables :D

Proper music in the bedroom will have to wait so (I'll be back!) :p

Mud,

Ouch...

...arm twisted right up back....

..Deal done.. how about 8 mtrs of Matching Cambridge Audio Symphony 200 .....

Drop me a mail with your contact details to johnmc@richersounds.ie and I'll get one of teh guys to dust the C715 down and get you sorted..

Thanks for the biz - It's much appreciated!

ATVB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.