Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideas on what to put into village shop

Options
  • 24-11-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

i was told today that a small shop unit in a village near me is going to up for let, it is currently a small furniture shop not sure how much trade it does i wont think much to be honest...in the village already is 2 shops with hardware and post office, small cafe and chipper...

my question is what type of business could there be demand for in a smallish village, i was thinking along the lines of local produce be it fruit veg, jams breads etc

any other ideas or have you seen a different type of business in a village do well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

trixyben wrote: »
    i was told today that a small shop unit in a village near me is going to up for let, it is currently a small furniture shop not sure how much trade it does i wont think much to be honest...in the village already is 2 shops with hardware and post office, small cafe and chipper...

my question is what type of business could there be demand for in a smallish village, i was thinking along the lines of local produce be it fruit veg, jams breads etc

any other ideas or have you seen a different type of business in a village do well

Chinese take away, sure to be a winner.................

How many peopel live in this village? Is it close to bigger towns/cities? Any pubs in the village?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MyBusinez.com

Centra or spar or your own similar brand or a village shop selling local farmer's produce (support local farmers - buy here). My local village shop sells Poultry and steaks cheaper than in Tesco for instance. I'd rather shop there to help local people than larger supermarkets.

Also a pub/bar with poker nights, music, snooker/pool, rings, darts, football or golf club (then back to the pub for a hooley), poker club is always popular ;-) Basically somewhere with entertainment and relaxation.

Hope this helps :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

yeah there is 2 pubs already, the unit is just a retail type shop always has been it would be to much to get permisso to change use to a take away adn then kit it all out...yeah i was thinking local produce "supporting local" would be good...my first idea was a pool table and few fruit machines and poker table to entertain the youth but was told that the people of the village would go mad adn have ya closed down, its a snobby kinda village if ya get wat i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allaboutclicks

Local Fruit & Veg with deli that has food made from the local produce - and maybe some nice cakes - never hurts to have some cake :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

2nd hand shop?
    hear these are doing well or a pound shop
    also is fuel covered in your area?

• Advertisement
Advertisement