Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop.ie Black Friday Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its cool that black friday is becoming something over here instead of just in the states, more places should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

krudler wrote: »
    its cool that black friday is becoming something over here instead of just in the states, more places should do it.

Dunno if i can agree with that, more sales = good but more americanisation = very bad. Also at least 1 person usually dies thanks to black friday and the havoc and mayhem it causes in the states

VinLieger wrote: »
    Dunno if i can agree with that, more sales = good but more americanisation = very bad. Also at least 1 person usually dies thanks to black friday and the havoc and mayhem it causes in the states

online I mean, people who go to those sales are taking their life into their own hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

My account is empty thank god i won't be able to buy the exciting surprise goody bag that is worth more than a fiver but ends up being a game they got for free !!

My account is empty thank god i won't be able to buy the exciting surprise goody bag that is worth more than a fiver but ends up being a game they got for free !!

its probably fifa 08 or something :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

its probably fifa 08 or something :pac:

I got an arcade bundle in French that was meant to be a free game that came with a controller !!

Second one was a blu ray but barely worth the fiver.

It was definitely a "do you want the boat or the box?
    Ill take the box it could be anything, even a boat" moment

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

online I mean, people who go to those sales are taking their life into their own hands.

Ya those eejits are mental. Amazon.co.uk are having a great black friday sale as well. Online is where its at people!

Anyway, ya GS sale prices can be a joke sometimes but I remember getting Blur for PS3 for 2 euro, what a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Dammit! I'm all types of broke this week. Otherwise I'd sink my teeth into some tasty deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

I know it's offtopic but does any body know if the trade in 3 games and get a new title for 3 euro still on? Can't find the list on the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 noobacus

Do all the game deals start from 8 or are they releasing them throughout the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

noobacus wrote: »
    Do all the game deals start from 8 or are they releasing them throughout the day?

Im thinking a running set of deals, judging by the wording on the message. Just gotta try be awake by 8am to see (fat chance :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Should be started at midnight!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

8AM according to their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What is “Black Friday"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The anniversary of the death of Rebecca Black

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

What is “Black Friday"

First day after Thanksgiving in America and seen as the first day of the Xmas shopping period, so stores have ridiculous sales and generally get "in the black" financially with all the present buying over the next few weeks.

Also black as several dozen people will be trampled to death in rushes to enter stores in America to get cheap stuff.......go go capitalism :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Enderman wrote: »
    8AM according to their Facebook page

I know, thats why I was saying it should be starting at midnight instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Enderman wrote: »
    The anniversary of the death of Rebecca Black

15 second thinking i get it ... Ha:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shattered Dreamer

I'm heading into Gamestop in the morning to pick up a pre order, might have a look while I'm in there might get something dirt cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm heading into Gamestop in the morning to pick up a pre order, might have a look while I'm in there might get something dirt cheap.

Don't count on it , online and in store are two worlds when it comes to game stop herel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I'd imagine the UK and Irish sites will have the same deals. 8AM deal for GS UK will be Uncharted 3, think it's £24.97. Not sure if pre-owned or new, didn't say

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So Uncharted 3 is there for €24.97, but it says not available? Does that mean i missed the deal and it's sold out?

If so, **** you luas!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Kiith wrote: »
    So Uncharted 3 is there for €24.97, but it says not available? Does that mean i missed the deal and it's sold out?

If so, **** you luas!

Yep it is gone. When I was on the page the option was still there to add to basket but it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ah jaysus, too early for a deal that good! 9am deal coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Gears of War 3 - €32.97 is next up.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Looks like I missed the Uncharted deal, damn. Gears seems like a decent price not sure if I want it though

Yeah it's funny, Uncharted is the only big release left at the moment that I dont have and would be looking to buy. :(

Hopefully they might throw it up again later on in the day for those of us that have to leave the house for work. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dar83 wrote: »
    Yeah it's funny, Uncharted is the only big release left at the moment that I dont have and would be looking to buy. :(

Hopefully they might throw it up again later on in the day for those of us that have to leave the house for work. :P

They did last year if I remember, or maybe it was one of the other madness sales they ran. They put all the deals back up at the end of they but there was many out of stock.

calex71 wrote: »
    They did last year if I remember, or maybe it was one of the other madness sales they ran. They put all the deals back up at the end of they but there was many out of stock.

Yeah I somewhat remember that as well, thats why I still hold a glimmer of hope of getting UC3 for about €27, which would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for 20 euro, meh not great

Advertisement