Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

waterford to bray dart station

• 24-11-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,need to catch the Dart in Bray at 7:25am on friday.I'm going to drive up from Waterford.Anyone any ideas on what time I need to be leaving,was thinking 6am,or the best route,AA planner saying go up the new moterway,I was going to go up through Wexford.Anyone ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Hi all,need to catch the Dart in Bray at 7:25am on friday.I'm going to drive up from Waterford.Anyone any ideas on what time I need to be leaving,was thinking 6am,or the best route,AA planner saying go up the new moterway,I was going to go up through Wexford.Anyone ideas?

Go New Ross and Enniscorthy. Leave at 5.15 to allow time for parking and being on Platform. Also allows for anything to go awry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Why the Dart in Bray in particular?

Take the coast road here. Not Wexford, but Enniscorthy, Arklow etc. Should take a little over 2hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Get the dart to Greystones instead, 12 mins closer and less people getting on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 threerivers

Thats the way I was going to go,sorry should of made it a bit more clear.Have to be at Barrow st. Dublin at 8:30am.Grand Canal station is more or less on that street so figure its better to get the Dart from Bray instead of driving all the way in through traffic

Graystones dart leaves every 30mins Bray leaves every 15mins so webpage says.Think i'd be better of at Bray incase I miss one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Forget about the N11, there is too much potential for delay especially when you get up towards Greystones / Kilmocanouge, there are traffic problems there most days and it would be a killer to get stuck for 20 minutes just outside Bray and miss your Dart!

Go up the motorway and back down the M50 to Bray it should take approx 2 hours. The M50 will be clear southbound at that time.

I live in Bray but am from Waterford and so have tried both ways. The N11 is rarely if ever quicker in practice and is a more stressful drive.

I would Imagine that you would have a fair shot at getting to Barrow St area comfortably directly if you were leaving Waterford and hitting the Red Cow for 7:30, parking would be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

waterford---new ross---clonroach---enniscorthy---ferns---gorey...arklow...graystones...bray... feck that and go up the new motorway (m9) and head southbound on the m50 for bray. should do it in less then 2 hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i use the n11 daily from waterford up as far as wicklow town i leave waterford at 4.45 and am in wicklow town by half 6, traffic is good until ya get as far as the arklow by pass then after that ya hit barndarraig it gets bit busier as it turns from motorway to single carraige roadway here until near rathnew when it turns back into dual carraige and at that time from wicklow onwards it gets bit mental as people commuting to dublin from wicklow join the road and slows things down loads, take the lads advice and head m9 and then m50 twil be loads quicker and better roads!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

So were you late?

Hi,just to update.Took the wexford/wicklow road to Bray in the end.I left at 5:30am got there at 7:30am.Being honest I did put the boot down a good few times on the way up.Think if I'm going to do it again I'd go up the M9 because coming home got held up in Enniscorty an again in Newross so took a bit longer to get home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

In future you might be better driving to one of the Luas Park and Rides and walking the 10-15 mins from the Luas stop to Barrow St. Easier than driving to Bray and then getting the Dart all the way back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Hi,just to update.Took the wexford/wicklow road to Bray in the end.I left at 5:30am got there at 7:30am.Being honest I did put the boot down a good few times on the way up.Think if I'm going to do it again I'd go up the M9 because coming home got held up in Enniscorty an again in Newross so took a bit longer to get home
    enniscorthy is,nt too bad if ya take a short cut that only regular users of enniscorthy would know via carley,s bridge but something has to be done about new ross coz if ya hit it at the wrong time ya could be stuck there a half hour at the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

M9 I use this all the time to go to bray for soccer matches 1.45 to Bray

Advertisement