Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Council bins

• 24-11-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I may be wrong on this and this may have been discussed before. Is there a distinct lack of rubbish bins in the city? There seems to be a good few round the city centre..as in Michael St., John Roberts Sq., etc and those area's but as you come out these area's bins seem to be few and far between.

I walk my dog every evening and I have to say the amount of dog crap is disgusting. I always carry a bag and pick up after my dog, but there's never a bin around when I need one! I don't fancy carrying that package around for the evening I can tell ya! Yes Ballybricken does have bins, but if you walk up the Yellow Rd, and up towards "the top of the town" ;) there's nothing! Am I becoming an grouchy old woman? lol Anyone agree or disagree? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭aziz

I think that most of the bins were taken away by the council because people were using them for household waste.At the time the bins wre there ,the council
    were emptying them but a couple of hours later they were overflowing.I would still like to see more bins around the place,as like you i do not want to be carrying a bag of dog poop to far.I would have to agree with you that along the yellow road is disgusting with the amount of dog litter on it.I walk that road at least twice a day and i must look like a kind of lunatic hop skipping and jumping around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

even if there was a million bins in waterford the footpaths would still be covered in dog shyte

Advertisement