Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeper league

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

Coeus wrote: »
    Damn you Jay Bruce, damn it, damn you :) ...of all the nights for your bat to wake up :)

Seriously though congrats on the win. Yes it was a tough way to lose but your starting pitching was just too good with McHugh, King Felix, but especially deGrom and those 23Ks. Going into Sunday, I kinda figured you would pass me out on Ks, I just couldn't find the pitchers on the WW with decent K/9 potential over the weekend to get close. After that it was down to HRs and Wins. Your guys pitched well on Sunday and secured you wins. Going into that final game I had the season tiebreaker so just needed to hold HRs, Jay Bruce thought otherwise...

Good luck in the final!
    Cheers. Much appreciated. Well done on the season win. And with that roster, I know you'll be back next year stronger than ever. Trouble with you roster is picking keepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

boccy23 wrote: »
    Cheers. Much appreciated. Well done on the season win. And with that roster, I know you'll be back next year stronger than ever. Trouble with you roster is picking keepers.
    Yes, picking keepers is always tough, I still regret letting Puig go! Maybe we can go back to 6 for next season but thats a discussion for another day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yes, picking keepers is always tough, I still regret letting Puig go! Maybe we can go back to 6 for next season but thats a discussion for another day :)

I'd be in favour of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Similar to Boccy I think I am lucky to be in the final again, I really just limped into the playoffs. Somehow my batters starting hitting in the last few days and got me through, with a chance to defend my title. I think it was Mark Trumbo on the Sunday that made the difference, I just picked him up three days before.

Looking forward to the final, should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

fisgon wrote: »
    Similar to Boccy I think I am lucky to be in the final again, I really just limped into the playoffs. Somehow my batters starting hitting in the last few days and got me through, with a chance to defend my title. I think it was Mark Trumbo on the Sunday that made the difference, I just picked him up three days before.

Looking forward to the final, should be interesting.

No problem with Trumbo..I knew he was done for the year.. :(

Another week of tight matches 6-5 and 6-6 in the championship bracket :)

My pitching is carrying my team this week. 60 innings pitched and an ERA under 1.00 is probably the best I've had at this stage of the week this season.

Like last week plenty to play for over the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

Really tight in the Championship game and the consolation as well. Couple of swings of a bat in both games.

Henry, your pitching has been awesome. Jordan Zimmermann is finishing a complete game shut out to finish a good week for me pitching wise but it's having no effect at all.

Really tight in the Championship game and the consolation as well. Couple of swings of a bat in both games.

Henry, your pitching has been awesome. Jordan Zimmermann is finishing a complete game shut out to finish a good week for me pitching wise but it's having no effect at all.
    Yes its been good, but a timely no-hitter has swung WHIP in your direction :)

I have some bats playing out West so it will probably come down to the last game again :)

Very happy to win this league on fourth attempt. Even if it was on a count back after finishing 6-6. I was actually winning Ks until the Dodgers sent in Kenley Jansen at the end of a meaningless 10-5 win. Thought it was going to cost me. Bit weird tonight not checking Baseball Lineups to ensure nobody is sitting on the bench.

Very happy to win this league on fourth attempt. Even if it was on a count back after finishing 6-6. I was actually winning Ks until the Dodgers sent in Kenley Jansen at the end of a meaningless 10-5 win. Thought it was going to cost me. Bit weird tonight not checking Baseball Lineups to ensure nobody is sitting on the bench.

Congrats Boccy, it was a close one. I thought last year's final was close, but to lose on countback is tough. It was that 11-1 win you had against me in the reg season that won it for you.

Tbh, I didn't deserve to win this league this year anyway, my reg season was pretty poor, after the first few weeks. Still, happy to get so close.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

After what seems long a very long time it's fantasy baseball time again!
    I just sent a reminder to all last year's managers. Let me know if you're back in.

Cheers

Hi all,

I just sent a reminder to all last year's managers. Let me know if you're back in.

Cheers

In!

Hi all,

Cheers
    Yes too long! Just rejoined :)

Okay so lets say in the upcoming season, I draft or pick up 2 players that are NA and are in the NA spots at the end of the season. If they are still NA come the draft next will we set the league to have 7 keepers, 5 for regular keepers but 2 of which have to be players are NA. If so I think these NA picks should be placed at the back end of the draft. We need to decide this before the draft as it may have an impact on this draft.

Trying to go back to last year's posts about allowing 5 keepers + 2 NA

My understanding on what was agreed is that we have 5 keepers (and there was a desire to move to 6) from our active rosters at the end of 2014, plus any 2 Not Active players on our roster can also be kept....is this correct?

And if we keep our NA players, we lose a late-round pick as above - seems fair.

So the question is if we stay with 5 + 2? Or as was suggested mid-season, can we go back to 6 keepers? In which case maybe we only keep 1 NA? So 6 + 1?

Thoughts...

Lads,
    We appear to have two spots free. I knew BigBadRob was probably not coming back but RebelSox hasn't renewed yet. I'll give it another few days and see if they want to join again. If anyone would like to reserve a spot in the meantime please let me know.

My memory of last year was that Yahoo didn't allow us to separate NA from any other players so there was no way to arrange it that way. I had a look at Yahoo earlier but i'm none the wiser. I'll do a bit of proper research and get back to all.

Last year we set up a survey to finalise the draft. Would somebody point me in the right direction so I can set one up? I'm thinking of the third week in March.

Lads,
    We appear to have two spots free. I knew BigBadRob was probably not coming back but RebelSox hasn't renewed yet. I'll give it another few days and see if they want to join again. If anyone would like to reserve a spot in the meantime please let me know.

My memory of last year was that Yahoo didn't allow us to separate NA from any other players so there was no way to arrange it that way. I had a look at Yahoo earlier but i'm none the wiser. I'll do a bit of proper research and get back to all.

Last year we set up a survey to finalise the draft. Would somebody point me in the right direction so I can set one up? I'm thinking of the third week in March.

I might have an extra player or two if needed but can keep it open for a while. Also happy to work out the NA stuff manually if it means emailing NA picks and extending the keepers for NA players with a change in the draft order in the later rounds for those who don't keep NA players. Sacrificed a handful of good players at the end of the season in order to get NA players on the roster so very eager to have that rule sorted before the draft

8-10 wrote: »
    I might have an extra player or two if needed but can keep it open for a while. Also happy to work out the NA stuff manually if it means emailing NA picks and extending the keepers for NA players with a change in the draft order in the later rounds for those who don't keep NA players. Sacrificed a handful of good players at the end of the season in order to get NA players on the roster so very eager to have that rule sorted before the draft
    How many NA players would we be talking about? I think I only have one NA guy who I probably wont keep but I'm happy to try and work something out. I'd prefer to increase the number of keepers myself :-)

Speaking of NA guys I see the 2 teams yet to re-register have Buxton and Bryant on their rosters...

How many NA players would we be talking about? I think I only have one NA guy who I probably wont keep but I'm happy to try and work something out. I'd prefer to increase the number of keepers myself :-)

Was agreed in the poll last year that we would have 2 NA keepers in addition to 5 regulars.

I'd also be in favour of an increase, back up to 6 keepers I reckon.

8-10 wrote: »
    Was agreed in the poll last year that we would have 2 NA keepers in addition to 5 regulars.

I'd also be in favour of an increase, back up to 6 keepers I reckon.
    I like a return to 6 keepers aswell, last year we needed to dilute the talent pool a bit with new manages taking over some teams. And I think that was successful with new teams making the playoffs and a new winner...

Okay if people have 2 NA players then I guess that is okay, people will either have drafted with that in mind or made pickups late in the season. If they dont then I guess they get 1/2 extra draft picks at the end. Hopefully Yahoo have implemented some feature to allow us manage what are effectively dynasty/farm picks...

• Advertisement

Doodle is good for setting up surveys....
    http://doodle.com/

Fairly self-explanatory, you just have to sign up for an account. Third week in March sounds good, time for me to do a bit of homework....

Poll now set up for the third week in March
    http://doodle.com/krvr42aeicaadifx

It seems to be working all right.:)

I haven't heard from the two lads yet so I think there's probably two slots free. If anyone is reading this and would like to join up or if you know of anyone who'd like to join us please PM me.

I haven't heard from the two lads yet so I think there's probably two slots free. If anyone is reading this and would like to join up or if you know of anyone who'd like to join us please PM me.

Cheers for that. Want to put it on here as well as the poll: I am heading out of the country on the 27th (the Friday), so unless it's the only day that others can make it i'd like to hope that we can agree on one of the midweek days before it....sure you'll all be hitting the town on a Friday night anyway right?? :P

Also have at least one for the slot let me check with him and PM you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

If there's still slots free I'd like to join. Have never done a keeper league, so would have to learn the in's and outs but still

MoyVilla

Cheers for the post

We have only one spot free and I've just offered that to 8-10's mate who was first on the list. If he can't join or something else happens you're next up.

I have only four responses on Doodle to date.

It looks like it'll be Tuesday or Wednesday of that week but it'd be great if you could all have a look at it.:)

• Advertisement

My apologies MoyVilla. The final invite was accepted so the league is full.

The draft will be Wednesday 25 March at 10p.m. It''s the only slot that fits the responders. I'll send the formal invite out in a minute.

The preference was for six keepers so I'll set that up as well.

There's no specific arrangement on Yahoo for the NA players. I'm going to suggest that if anyone wants to keep either of their two NA then they should PM me the names before the keeper deadline. I'll post the list just prior to the draft so everyone knows who they are.

In the last two rounds people will know they have NA players and they should pick players that will definitely not be drafted. I will replace the not-needed players with the NA after the draft. The players must be known before the draft as otherwise other teams might draft them.

This is all a bit cumbersome but I think it'll work. Let me know what you all think. It also means those who don't want to keep any NA can draft without impact.

Hey all,

I have a request to move the draft back to 11.30 p.m on Wed night. Personally I feel it's a bit late but I'd rather have all owners drafting if possible.

Can you give me your views either here or a PM?

Hey all,

I have a request to move the draft back to 11.30 p.m on Wed night. Personally I feel it's a bit late but I'd rather have all owners drafting if possible.

Can you give me your views either here or a PM?
    Yea, 11.30 is late alright! I have a 7.30 start the next morning so don't want to be up too much past midnight. Would prefer to stick to 10 but could do 11 if it means a full attendance. The draft should be no more than an hour with only 10 drafting and 6 rounds of keepers.

Let see what the other guys think...

I'm good whenever that evening as long as it's late as I have a dinner that evening. 10 would be fine but happy to move it to 11 or later. Up at 6.30 myself but sure I have to get into the norm for when I'm watching games midweek anyway!

And yep keeper draft will be a lot quicker. An 11pm draft for our keeper league with only 10 people would finish around the a same time as a regular non-keeper starting at 10pm

Not sure how long picks are but I think default is 90secs? Also happy to reduce that to 60secs if that would help?

I'm good whenever that night!
    60 seconds
    6 keepers

• Advertisement

Would like to help out, but 11.30 does seem a bit late. Would prefer to stick to 10pm if possible, or maybe move it a half an hour later?

Touch and go about making this now.
    If I set my rankings I should be fine?
    All Keepers will be gone out of the way so it will just draft my other selections?

Touch and go about making this now.
    If I set my rankings I should be fine?
    All Keepers will be gone out of the way so it will just draft my other selections?

Yep make sure you save your rankings so they're used instead of the yahoo presets and you'll be grand

Yep. you should be fine if you use your pre-set rankings.

I'm going to push back the draft by 30 mins. Based on the feedback that seems to be a time that might work. Some people are available and some have early starts. I'm sorry if that doesn't work for some.

Just a reminder that the keeper deadline is tomorrow night and if you have any NA you wish to keep then PM me. At the moment there's limited uptake so it may not be a big factor on the night.

I will be setting the order for round 7 based on last year's result so that will be
    Judean People Front
    Rebel Sox
    Golden Nuggets
    Tolka Drakes
    Beechwood Badgers
    Exiled Red Sox
    Henry Le Cheat (should there be a new name there??)
    Artful Dodgers
    Homer's Homers
    K Kings

Just to remind all, if anyone doesn't keep 6 players then they will be ahead of the round 7 draft order

I think that's it. Best of luck to all!:)

Just to clarify (again) on NA players..

We have 6 or less keepers.

We can also PM you about NA players we wish to keep. These don't count towards keepers (i.e. 1 of the 6) or do they?

Just to clarify (again) on NA players..

We have 6 or less keepers.

We can also PM you about NA players we wish to keep. These don't count towards keepers (i.e. 1 of the 6) or do they?

They don't count towards keepers and if you are keeping them they will replace the last round or 2 picks of your draft

Yep. you should be fine if you use your pre-set rankings.

I'm going to push back the draft by 30 mins. Based on the feedback that seems to be a time that might work. Some people are available and some have early starts. I'm sorry if that doesn't work for some.

Just a reminder that the keeper deadline is tomorrow night and if you have any NA you wish to keep then PM me. At the moment there's limited uptake so it may not be a big factor on the night.

I will be setting the order for round 7 based on last year's result so that will be
    Judean People Front
    Rebel Sox
    Golden Nuggets
    Tolka Drakes
    Beechwood Badgers
    Exiled Red Sox
    Henry Le Cheat (should there be a new name there??)
    Artful Dodgers
    Homer's Homers
    K Kings

Just to remind all, if anyone doesn't keep 6 players then they will be ahead of the round 7 draft order

I think that's it. Best of luck to all!:)
    Yes, the the name needs to be retired :) I'll come up with something new before draft night...

I guess all NA players should be posted here before the draft so we know who is off limits...

I'll put the NA list up before the draft

I'm travelling tomorrow and Wednesday so I'm aiming at 9pm on Wed.

Are we all set for this?
    Was traveling last week so didn't get to chime in on the time of the draft. 10:30 is fine with me.

Yeah, luckily I can make it now as my other appointment has been cancelled.
    Hate missing drafts!

• Advertisement

Yeah, great to have everyone there.

Have we new owners?

Yeah, great to have everyone there.

Have we new owners?
    I think we might have one new owner. We were looking for 2 at one point but one of the guys signed up again in the end...

Hey there all,

We have one new owner for Rebel Sox. BigBadRob signed up again which is great.

I said I'd post on the NA players - there are five chosen

Carlos Correa Judean Peoples Front
    Addison Russell Judean Peoples Front
    Joey Gallo Beechwood Badgers
    Jon Gray Eastside Fireballers (formerly known as Henry leCheat)
    Kris Bryant Rebel Sox

Hi. I sent you a PM about Archie Bradley.

I have just seen the keeper selections. Two teams have no keepers selected and one team has only chosen 4. I'm not sure if those managers simply didn't get a chance or this is their choice. I'm assuming this is their choice.

Those teams have the first fourteen picks of the draft before the remaining teams choose.

I think that information might influence how many players other teams would like to keep as they may have kept six on the premise that all teams would (or would at least keep four or five)

By keeping the full six they might feel they are at a disadvantage as they have kept lower ranked players and if they kept less they may now have a shot at higher ranked players.

I'll give everyone until 9.25 to PM me if they decide they want to change their keepers. I have to set the draft order asap.

Apologies to Boccy on Bradley. He's also on the list.

I have just seen the keeper selections. Two teams have no keepers selected and one team has only chosen 4. I'm not sure if those managers simply didn't get a chance or this is their choice. I'm assuming this is their choice.

Those teams have the first fourteen picks of the draft before the remaining teams choose.

I think that information might influence how many players other teams would like to keep as they may have kept six on the premise that all teams would (or would at least keep four or five)

By keeping the full six they might feel they are at a disadvantage as they have kept lower ranked players and if they kept less they may now have a shot at higher ranked players.

I'll give everyone until 9.25 to PM me if they decide they want to change their keepers. I have to set the draft order asap.
    I have seen this in fantasy football keeper leagues, where no keepers are selected by guys looking to hit the reset button. I guess to get higher picks in the draft to make sure they get the guys they want to rebuild with. As long as everyone knows the NA list, the rest of the draft pool is fair game...

Lads,

I've messed up.

I haven't set the draft order as I was waiting to set the keepers.

It won't let me customise the draft order now as it's within an hour.

Two options
    We go ahead with a random order or;

I postpone until another day.

Sorry about this. I didn't realize this would happen

Lads,

I've messed up.

I haven't set the draft order as I was waiting to set the keepers.

It won't let me customise the draft order now as it's within an hour.

Two options
    We go ahead with a random order or;

I postpone until another day.

Sorry about this. I didn't realize this would happen
    Can we go for 11? I deffo can't do tomorrow, next week is fine though...

EDIT: If 11 is not possible, I'm okay with random if others are...

• Advertisement

Lads,

I'm going to postpone.

At this point I don't think the keepers have saved either. A complete mess.

Advertisement