Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The c word...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

http://youtu.be/B_ES54rRuw0

Bryan Dobson and his explosive cnut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Dudess wrote: »
    A great word - I use it all the time.

I refuse to believe that!!!

(:pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I honestly don't understand what the issue is and I am a girl, it's just a word, albeit a great word, but still just a word.

I think men who are admonished by the women in their lives for using the word should realise that two can play at that game. Simply because I have noticed most women who are horrified by it's use have no issue with calling men pricks, knobs etc. It's a double standard also it would be very funny to see a womans reaction to a fella throwing a hissy fit because she used the p word :o.

Go for it lads, if only for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

C word as in cunt you mean,

Ya I use cunt but only on special occasions :)

duiggers wrote: »
    C word as in cunt you mean,

Ya I use cunt but only on special occasions :)

Don't do cunt kids.

Edit: That could be misinterpreted. I meant it like the "Don't do meth" adverts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

It doesnt sound right when you use it for what it actually is.

It sounds better as an insult.

"Ye stupid kunt"

"You have a nice kunt"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I love it. I find it to be the best word for expressing anger. I always love how some people get so offended by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

"Ye stupid kunt"

Sounds like postman patrick

Slightly off topic, but it's funny how many of our swearwords have sexual origins:

Cunt
    Wanker
    Prick
    Dick
    Tosspot
    Fucker

The rest seem to be toilet related.

Are we repressed????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Calling people and objects various words for genitalia is a pastime of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

dsmythy wrote: »
    Calling people and objects various words for genitalia is a pastime of mine.

As is mine - "Goddamn titty **** *****"... its just rolls off the tongue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

pudzey101 wrote: »
    How he pronounces the word twat is the only offensive thing in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's an excellent word for so many situations. In an emergency it's brilliant, one syllable and sounds gutteral with the "nt" at the end.

amacachi wrote: »
    It's an excellent word for so many situations. In an emergency it's brilliant, one syllable and sounds gutteral with the "nt" at the end.

Or you could just growl at the end of twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Nothing better than telling a kunt he is a kunt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

I don't use it in an insulting manner, just as a normal word/messing with someone.

And I agree with this, words (especially swears) are only as bad as you make them.
    hardCopy wrote: »
    Over-rated. It's just another curse as far as I'm concerned. I don't understand why people dislike it so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I have an english friend who visits from time to time, and hates that word. Myself and most of my mates use it all the time and think nothing off it. Seriously tough to try and avoid it any time she takes a trip to Ireland. She bounces off the walls any time someone drops the C-bomb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

One of my ex's actually loved when I called her a kunt in bed :rolleyes: Needless to say she was indeed a keeper.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

deathrider wrote: »
    I have an english friend who visits from time to time, and hates that word. Myself and most of my mates use it all the time and think nothing off it. Seriously tough to try and avoid it any time she takes a trip to Ireland. She bounces off the walls any time someone drops the C-bomb.

Yanks really hate it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I got told off by a chick for using it once. Then I said it again and she called me a dickhead. I told her off. Bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

amacachi wrote: »
    Yanks really hate it :P

Yeah, but who gives a sh1te about them :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

"A funny cunt" is always a term of endearment I used long before I ever heard cunt was meant to be this terrible thing to say. Everyone I hang around with uses the word the whole time and I really don't get what peoples problem is, stupid cunts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I am an orrible cun't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Love it! Can't go an hour without using it (usually multiple times)

Even use it as a term of affection, "Go on outta that ya mad cunt!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I was in LA with a girl and her friends and we were in the car on the way back from the Off licence ( liquor store ) for a new years party. I used the C word infront of 5 girls. It just came out. I think thats when it started to fall apart with herself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Vanbis wrote: »
    I was in LA with a girl and her friends and we were in the car on the way back from the Off licence ( liquor store ) for a new years party. I used the C word infront of 5 girls. It just came out. I think thats when it started to fall apart with herself :(

Eh we are 'au fait' with the term 'Off Licence' you know and in fact we are more used to that than 'liquor store'......you're not in LA now boyo :p

Well maybe you are but your target audience aren't :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Vanbis wrote: »

I think it should be acceptable to use it in a car though, especially at motor cyclists!

That's the only place I use the word myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

kfallon wrote: »
    Eh we are 'au fait' with the term 'Off Licence' you know and in fact we are more used to that than 'liquor store'......you're not in LA now boyo :p

Well maybe you are but your target audience aren't :D

It was a flying visit as such ;)
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    I think it should be acceptable to use it in a car though, especially at motor cyclists!

That's the only place I use the word myself.

I always find myself using it when i have a bit of road rage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

I like to precede it with the word malignant for added effect....i.e.

She's a malignant cnut!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

pudzey101 wrote: »

Anybody know where that was shot? I see my former employer is one of the interviewees:p

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

ITS A HUGELY OFFENSIVE WORD . IT ACTUALLY TURNS MY STOMACH AND I CAN TURN THE AIR BLUE WITH WITH BAD LANGUAGE SOMETIMES , BUT NEVER EVER THAT WORD . STRONG FEELINGS I KNOW , BUT THERE YOU GO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its a great word, however it doesnt really have the same meaning in ireland as it does over here in north america. over here it's classed as a derogatory word towards women, in ireland it's used for men, women, dogs, televisions, stones, kerbs and just about anything else. as well as being an adjective for particularly colourful use

up until relatively recently it used to be a perfectly viable medical terms too, believe it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

In Glasgow where im from its not always used as an insult.. we use it all the time even as a compliment ie " that cnut i met in the pub last night was a sound cnut".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I use it easily about 50 times a day! I don't see what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

ITS A HUGELY OFFENSIVE WORD . IT ACTUALLY TURNS MY STOMACH AND I CAN TURN THE AIR BLUE WITH WITH BAD LANGUAGE SOMETIMES , BUT NEVER EVER THAT WORD . STRONG FEELINGS I KNOW , BUT THERE YOU GO

I'm more offended by your c.untish use of majuscule.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭grateface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Cian A wrote: »
    Anybody know where that was shot? I see my former employer is one of the interviewees:p
    (Talking to myself now:p)
    I just noticed that it is in Vancouver, how strange to see her in that video!
    I'm almost certain but I'm not going to call her to ask if she was in a video about cnuts:P

PK2008 wrote: »
    I like to precede it with the word malignant for added effect....i.e.

She's a malignant cnut!!!

I like it. That's malignantly cuntfaceishly cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't use it but I don't really curse in general when I speak. I have no problem with it though and it doesn't bother me if other people say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I work with a person who yes has cancer. At the moment he is still working, but nobody, I mean absolutely nobody will mention the really BIG C word in his company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

hate it hate it hate it. been on a campaign to stop people saying it. it's the only curse word i cant stand.

and the previous poster, tis hard to say that c word too but once people talk about it the easier it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

great word, use it all the time, it's got so much depth of feeling to it. Probably one of my favourite English words, that and bastąrd. I've been known to add an auld "ing" onto the end of the c word too and a "bag" on to the end of it.
    So you may be called a stupid cúnting whore of a cúntbag.
    Love swearing, tis like adding salt and pepper to the lingo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I had one great experience with this word about 10 or so years ago. Was living in London working in an accounting firm and out in a wine bar (v London, doncha know) with 5 women who all worked for me. One of them complained about one of the other guys in the office and I said, "what a surprise, after all he's just a stingy ****". Gasps from all but one of them - a lady from Foxrock who came out with the classic "I don't know what you're all getting offended at, Irish people regard it as a gender neutral curse".

Of course, the English and many less enlightened don't quite see it this way.

I had to lighten the humour and explain that we didn't get offended at their regular discussion of gee qt lunch - for them of course ghee is the butter used in Indian food. For the twO of us it was a product of a different odour altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

44leto wrote: »
    I work with a person who yes has cancer. At the moment he is still working, but nobody, I mean absolutely nobody will mention the really BIG C word in his company.

As if it'd make the slightest bit of difference to the guy if they did. People are stupid.

I use **** all the time. I'm trying to use it less so it has more effect. Have no idea how people can be insulted or enraged by it.

I do like to mix it up with -bag or -face etc. Fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

As if it'd make the slightest bit of difference to the guy if they did. People are stupid.

True I sometimes think the reason is we to are afraid of it and when someone has it who is in front of us it brings it a little closer to reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

44leto wrote: »
    True I sometimes think the reason is we to are afraid of it and when someone has it who is in front of us it brings it a little closer to reality.

As far as I can see it's because people haven't a clue of the details,prognosis etc. They don't know what's involved,and perhaps rightly they're afraid to ask. Maybe its down to cancer being next to an automatic death sentence before advances were made,and so it's not something you should discuss. Anyway completely off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

How he pronounces the word twat is the only offensive thing in this thread.
    I've never heard anyone pronounce twat as 'twot' before, have no problem saying cunt. So many of our swear words come from slang words for genitalia anyway. As a woman I don't see where the issue is in saying cunt when it was originally used as a word for our sex organs.

Why is it so shocking/taboo to say? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Advertisement
Advertisement