Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The c word...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Twot? ****ing twats.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

what a c**t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

I find calling something that won't work a humpy c*nt always helps! Has to be yelled at full volume though.

stovelid wrote: »
    Not to mention the insulting variations:

Cuntbag

Cuntflap

Cuntishness

Cunticity

Cuntbubble

etc

You forgot cuntsickle.

I absolutely love the word cunt, it's an absolutely fantastic word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Cuntastic you might say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭whatstherush

It's like when there was so much outrage over when the young girl from Kick Ass said the word cunt, yet they seemed to not have minded her killing a lot of people and even being beaten up by an adult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

In my experience, anyone offended by the word c*nt is a grade A c*nt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Word doesn't bother me, although I do like to save it for special occasions to preserve its effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Its a great word , mostly women seem offended by it , i use it on a daily basis , its funny how people give words meaning and power , the only reason most people dont use the n word is that black lads gave it power in themselves and will attack you if heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I use it so often im kind of ruining its effect for myself. Think im gonna take a few weeks off from saying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

You're not alone, OP. I dislike cuts too. Times are hard.

Another glorious example of the word courtesy of Paulie Walnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

cant understand new technology

charlie uniform november tango

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I would never call anyone a cretin.:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

when said correctly with the proper venom it is incredibly effective. I however overuse the word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I say cunt all the time, don't understand why it holds so much power to some people but I'll say it sometimes and people will be like :eek:
    But it's just a swear word like any other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It's just a word. It's not offensive like the n word so meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't really use it. It's one of the only swearwords that hasn't become part of my vocabulary. I just don't like the sound of it. Also, so many people say it in just a throw-away kind of way that it's just become common place, so if anyone said it to me I wouldn't even care. The same way that some people think it's super offensive for someone to use it, there are people who use it all the time thinking it's so offensive. If it's every second word you use though, it doesn't really have any affect.

You can't beat f*ck and all its variations - forever and always, the greatest word in the English language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

xoxyx wrote: »
    Do you use it? You know the one I mean (and it's not coconut).

It, along with the n word, were the two I would never use, but I just found myself calling the tv a c*** when it froze. It slipped out so easily - I can't believe it! I blame my friend from Monaghan - she says it all the time and it's slipping into my vocabulary. Can't wait 'till it leaks out in work! :eek:

Then again, what's the big deal? It's just a word, and there's no reason for it to offend anybody (depending on how it's used...).

Whatcha think???

Cee You Next Tuesday is nowhere in the same league as the N word

Demonique wrote: »
    Cee You Next Tuesday is nowhere in the same league as the N word

A word is just a word. Jackeen/Culchie can have the same impact as cunt or nigger, if it's said with enough malice.

If anything, I think we should vote on what the next swear word should be. I say.. gowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

A bit of education. Actually very interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gropecunt_Lane

My **** gets itchy from time to time

I prefer twat myself

A word is just a word. Jackeen/Culchie can have the same impact as cunt or nigger, if it's said with enough malice.

If anything, I think we should vote on what the next swear word should be. I say.. gowl.

Don't be ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

foxyboxer wrote: »
    See you next tuesday. It's a powerful word.

Someone once said it's the only word that could have a hard drinking, tough as old boots Liverpool Docker reeling in shock.

Oh, Shut the front door!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Oh I hate it. Don't like cursing in general, we were never allowed it in my house and sometimes the words kinda hit me like daggers.

But especially that one! Little dagger of pain every time I hear it. Genuinely don't know if it has ever come out of my mouth.

I'm thinking it now, make it stop! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

I use it as an expletive but never to describe someone (aloud).

Anyway, this thread puts me in mind of a somewhat cathartic song. This is definitely NSFW, by the way. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

I can't explain why but I love it, much to the disgust and disdain of some family and friends.

It just seems to role of the tongue so easily and when used in an argument it means more and more impact that any other swear word ..... I think I need to get our more

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What accent is the best for it? The cockney "caaaahnt" seems to be a perennial favourite but the gruff Lancs "coont", especially in conjunction with a 'fooking' packs a particular punch.

The Aussie rendition seems a bit watered down to my ears and the Corkonian сunt a little too sing-song.

New Yorkers, of the Italo-Brooklyn variety as exemplified by Mr. Walnuts, add a lovely plosive spit to the end, layering on the disgust but the extended vowel in most other Northern American accents really take the sting out of it. In a South Carolina twang it's almost cute. "Y'all have a nice day now you lovely bunch o' сunts" is musical; who could find offence in it?

The Dublin сunt is straight to the point while the Belfast equivalent lacks that note of finality so important in imparting the imprecation. There are many country сunts of varying degrees of satisfaction, the phlegmy C of the midlands bringing with it a power unknown inside the pale.

And how about the accidental сunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

One of my favourite words. If it offends you, well you're probably one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

you fachking chaaant sounds good.

besides that, i've no opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

why did the chicken cross teh road?

because youre a cúnt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

the emphasis of the 't' when the word is used in the sopranos i find to be quite effective in its vulgarism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

foxyboxer wrote: »
    See you next tuesday. It's a powerful word.

Someone once said it's the only word that could have a hard drinking, tough as old boots Liverpool Docker reeling in shock.

In all honesty, anyone that's shocked by a word is a cúnt!

Well, unless you're in the jungle and someone shouts lion - that's fairly shocking i'd imagine:)

Edit: Just remembered a t-shirt i seen a while back:-

What do we want? -A cure for tourettes.
    When do we want it? - Cúnt!

Advertisement