Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the f***** Indo

• 24-11-2011 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭daithimacgroin

:( The Irish Independent
    As most people know, a pure rag.

Cue the latest 'topical' headline(and this is mild mild stuff, most days their headlines and content are as bad as the tabloids but just without the wit).

"Workers reaching tipping point over amount of new tax they can afford to pay – experts"

Content- Random bunch of recent statistics from the Irish Tax Institute.
    Most having very little to do with the actual headline.

With the Indo, I read it everyday, I do get the impression the people working there will print off any ould ****e just to get the readers in.

when u study the Top Read or whatever, i guess u could see their point.
    the no. 1 slot is usually filled by some s***e like "Holly takes a swing at ex McIlroy with her ‘golf pro, tennis hoes’ themed dinner party"

or
    "Look at the child-murdering fellow who has slimmed down into a hunk"

Which is a pity. Because with the Independent, I sometimes see a catalyst for change.

They have some good columnists, some dreadful ones too, but some good ones; McWilliams, Myers, love him or hate him, Hogan, and a few others who can be inspirational from time to time.

it wouldn't be so bad, only The Irish Times is so pro-establishment, we have no respected newspaper that the People can trust in this harrowing times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Ah, a media bashing thread

How original (granted the indo is pretty ****e lately)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The S*n, now thats a Rag and Half, the Indo does not come close to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I use my old boxers for rags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Also, am I the only one that hates thread titles that contain bad language?

Nearly always guaranteed to be a rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Indo can be summed up with the immortal line.

"...a constant wind blows abruptly"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

With the Indo, I read it everyday, I do get the impression the people working there will print off any ould ****e just to get the readers in.

Why on earth would you do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

:( The Irish Independent
    As most people know, a pure rag.

Cue the latest 'topical' headline(and this is mild mild stuff, most days their headlines and content are as bad as the tabloids but just without the wit).

"Workers reaching tipping point over amount of new tax they can afford to pay – experts"

Content- Random bunch of recent statistics from the Irish Tax Institute.
    Most having very little to do with the actual headline.

when u study the Top Read or whatever, i guess u could see their point.
    the no. 1 slot is usually filled by some s***e like "Holly takes a swing at ex McIlroy with her ‘golf pro, tennis hoes’ themed dinner party"

or
    "Look at the child-murdering fellow who has slimmed down into a hunk"

Which is a pity. Because with the Independent, I sometimes see a catalyst for change.

They have some good columnists, some dreadful ones too, but some good ones; McWilliams, Myers, love him or hate him, Hogan, and a few others who can be inspirational from time to time.

it wouldn't be so bad, only The Irish Times is so pro-establishment, we have no respected newspaper that the People can trust in this harrowing times.

Well stop fcuking reading it then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Its a Fianna Fail propaganda rag, everything it publishes is anti-government yet never criticised the previous shower, I'd have more respect for my arse than to even use it as toilet paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

What fcuking paper are we allowed read, according to AH's

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

newspaper that the People can trust.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There was an article by Celia larkin,squeeze of drunken ex-taoiseach Bertie Aherne saying that the public sector are lucky to have jobs and shouldnt be allowed to take breaks.

Fcucking whore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I dunno i mostly like the indo. The Sunday indo however is dire. The height of "rabble rabble" lowest common denominator journalism. They literally take one populist cause du jour and have every single person working for the paper write an article on it (regardless of their level of knowledge on the matter), collect it together and sell the result for the guts of 3 quid.

Utter bilge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

hondasam wrote: »
    What fcuking paper are we allowed read, according to AH's

Jazz fcuking mags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭daithimacgroin

some columnists who write for it are pro-fianna fail alright but i don't think u could call it
    a FF propaganda rag

I read it everyday like a bad habit,like smokin B&H everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

foxyboxer wrote: »

As well as 'the trees circled the church...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

The Examiners a good read...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Second time today i've seen a swear word beggining with f but not Fúck.

What is F******??????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

some columnists who write for it are pro-fianna fail alright but i don't think u could call it
    a FF propaganda rag

I read it everyday like a bad habit,like smokin B&H everyday

You'd be better off putting the money you spending on it towards an extra pack of smokes every week, they probably wouldn't be as bad for your health - your blood pressure at least. My parents used to buy it all the time and it's one thing I don't miss since I moved out of home. Whatever happened to the 03 team - I wonder how the recession is treating them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

a group of three middle aged men sit isolated,drinking a brandy and watching an empty port unfold before thier eyes.

Genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 chinomel

Yesterday was a great example of the Bull***t in The Indo.
    Why do they think that anyone gives a flying f**k about the insane ramblings of the daft twat Sinead OcConnor. They gave her almost a full page. WHY ?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Keitho Dub

chinomel wrote: »
    Yesterday was a great example of the Bull***t in The Indo.
    Why do they think that anyone gives a flying f**k about the insane ramblings of the daft twat Sinead OcConnor. They gave her almost a full page. WHY ?.[/QUOTE Because really are as mad as her :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Apparently, that's working.

foxyboxer wrote: »

near the unfolding port

ah, degsy got there first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Who the fúck calls it ''Indo''

''Ah yeh sure i'll pick up the Indo''

Sounds awful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Irish Times. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

The Examiners a good read...........
    From Cork are you :P

The Times is the only half decent daily paper in Ireland, isnt the Independent owned by FF darling Denis O'Brien

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

All the Independent is missing is some doll getting her baps out on page 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

From Cork are you :P

The Times is the only half decent daily paper in Ireland, isnt the Independent owned by FF darling Denis O'Brien

The Examiner's a great paper. Same people that bring you Breaking News--some of the best, most unbiased news you can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Millicent wrote: »
    The Examiner's a great paper. Same people that bring you Breaking News--some of the best, most unbiased news you can get.
    My last comment wasn't a dig at The Examiner, its a fine read but is definately a paper that slips the mind when buying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

The Independent sensationalises stories and some stories are just rabble rousing ****e.
    What annoys me about the Times is it can often be a day late with some stories but obviously the reporting is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

News of the World - class act.
    I miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

Never think much of the Examiner but got a few free ones in college and it was a decent read.

Advertisement