Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black girl raped by 4 white teens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Yeah read a bit about that yesterday. WTF is wrong with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Rape is rape.

Why draw a distinction? Women and girls of all backgrounds are assaulted in this manner and I see no reason why her racial background has been brought into this.

Rape should be treated with the same severity as murder regardless of the victims background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I might be wrong but is nt this the 2nd such incidence of a black girl being raped by white teens this week?

http://www.herald.ie/news/race-rape-of-girl-16-2942663.html

I don't think you should focus on the girls colour, Rapist are not usually picky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

orourkeda wrote: »
    Rape is rape.

Why draw a distinction? Women and girls of all backgrounds are assaulted in this manner and I see no reason why her racial background has been brought into this.

Rape should be treated with the same severity as murder regardless of the victims background

Yeah you are correct but I wonder if the response would have been measured if it was 4 Nigerian men that raped an Irish girl...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

More crap from the Herald...now with added racism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

Animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

We don't know the whole story so won't make any judgements on the rapists' motives in this case.

However, it's not always as simple as "rape is rape". Rape is commonly used as a weapon in civil wars drawn on ethnic lines, i.e. the idea is raping the women of your enemies will "de-purify" them and advance your side's ethnicity. This happened in Rwanda, the Congo and Bosnia. It's definitely a case that rape can be used in a racist way and it's not always as simple as controlling the person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

"Race Rape" should sell more copies and generate more profit than boring old "Rape"

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Yeah you are correct but I wonder if the response would have been measured if it was 4 Nigerian men that raped an Irish girl...

It's peoples own business how they react to a sexual assault but any reasonable person shouldn't be deflected from the seriousness of a rape by mere skin colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The Herald must have read the bastard rapists minds as to their reason for raping someone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Rape should be treated with the same severity as murder

It should be but unfortunately in this country that means being pampered in relative luxury at the expense of the tax payer...

My idea of an appropriate punishment would involve a 6 x 6 cell, window would be optional (but would replace the need for a light), chair, mattress and a ****ter in the corner...

No.. books, tv, phone, drugs, family contact, x-box, play station, fresh air, strolls round Dublin, Christmas days out...

I think we should be looking at a decent deterrent rather than rehabilitation..

Assholes would quickly realise that being locked up would MEAN being locked up and they would fear being caught..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

4 of the cnuts Jesus,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

We don't know the whole story so won't make any judgements on the rapists' motives in this case..

But you will anyway...
    However, it's not always as simple as "rape is rape". Rape is commonly used as a weapon in civil wars drawn on ethnic lines, i.e. the idea is raping the women of your enemies will "de-purify" them and advance your side's ethnicity. This happened in Rwanda, the Congo and Bosnia. It's definitely a case that rape can be used in a racist way and it's not always as simple as controlling the person.

Irish Voodoo practioners are also known to be active in the area.:rolleyes:

parrai wrote: »
    Animals

Animals dont commit rape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Depends if they were black Nigerians I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭My_left_leg

We don't know the whole story so won't make any judgements on the rapists' motives in this case.

yes i agree Jack. one of the more intelligent contributions thus far.
    i recall from my history classes that the Russians were quite keen on it after they fought the Nazis back in 1945.

Are the motives really that important?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You need to watch National Geographic more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Hey Steo, wanna advance our ethnicity later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

Fair play, you are dead right.... vicious mindless cnuts to do that to ANY 16 year old child... ruin the start of her life...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Ducks, geese, bottlenose dolphins and chimpanzees do

WRONG!

Rats & Chimps have been known to practise rape as a means of enforcing dominance in a social group.

Ask a blond (male/female) to walk down Johannesburg in the wee hours if you don't believe me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Rape is rape.

I was thinking that exact same thing! Thing is though, if it was the other way around there would be MURDER, and the headlines would be screaming for it!

Poor girl, hope she's getting all the help she's gonna need!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

bbam wrote: »
    It should be but unfortunately in this country that means being pampered in relative luxury at the expense of the tax payer...

My idea of an appropriate punishment would involve a 6 x 6 cell, window would be optional (but would replace the need for a light), chair, mattress and a ****ter in the corner...

No.. books, tv, phone, drugs, family contact, x-box, play station, fresh air, strolls round Dublin, Christmas days out...

Assholes would quickly realise that being locked up would MEAN being locked up and they would fear being caught..
    Here we go,another "reform the prison system" post.
    These posts hijack every thread about crime in general.

The punishment should fit the crime.

Rape will change a victims life to varying degrees. Depending on the victim of course and I dare say that each case is different but no other crime apart from the obvious effects of murder and manslaughter have the power to ruin someones life like rape does.

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I was thinking that exact same thing! Thing is though, if it was the other way around there would be MURDER, and the headlines would be screaming for it!

Poor girl, hope she's getting all the help she's gonna need!

That says more about the people reacting than anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Degsy wrote: »
    But you will anyway...
    The second part of my post isn't my take on the first part. I was merely pointing out that in some instances of rape, the ethnicity of the person can be a factor. In this case, it might be, it might not.

But it definitely was a factor for the Serbs raping Bosnian Muslims in the early 90's, for one example.

Siuin wrote: »
    Ducks, geese, bottlenose dolphins and chimpanzees do

They use it differently though. Its mostl touching genitals as a form of social interaction and a way of keeping the group (pack, school, gaggle, flock whatever you want to call it) close so they will come together against an attacker. (and other reasons I'm sure)

Seen some mad documentarys on it. It's particularly common in the monkeys and dophins

Yeah. I must tune in for the next instalment of Johnannesburg rat rape

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

No that would be used as proof that Nigerians are all animals. :rolleyes:

That says more about the people reacting than anything else

That's very true. Rape is Rape, fails to matter what colour skin the victim is wrapped in!

It's a truly fcuked place sometimes!!!

Depends if they were black Nigerians I suppose.

True, I totally forgot to make that distinction which we have found out is very important these days.

Like someone said, we should not jump to conclusions, maybe the girl was hallucinating and made this all up but the wise thing to do is wait for it to get to court .

Animal rape. Sounds like a wonderful nights viewing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Here we go,another "reform the prison system" post.
    These posts hijack every thread about crime in general.

Maybe that's just how people feel..
    I've not posted it before but I think the system is just too soft...

By the same token the death penalty has never worked as an effective deterrent. Tough prisons dont either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

If someone is willing to gang rape a women with 3 of his friends I don't think he cares about how tough the prison is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ThelotusKid

Would have downloaded it if the title read 'One white girl raped by four black men'.

P.S Saw an Irish wolfhound(male) rape a mongrel terrier type(male) yesterday - not on d'internet, right outside my frontdoor.

It actually frightened me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

RachaelVO wrote: »
    They use it differently though. Its mostl touching genitals as a form of social interaction and a way of keeping the group (pack, school, gaggle, flock whatever you want to call it) close so they will come together against an attacker.

Seen some mad documentarys on it. It's particularly common in the monkeys and dophins

But...but... according to wikipedia (the fountain of all knowledge) it's also called 'coercive sex' and it seems a little more than genital touching!
    It has long been noted that behavior resembling rape in humans is widespread in other animals, including ducks and geese, bottlenose dolphins [1] and chimpanzees.[2] Indeed in orangutangs, close human relatives, copulations of this nature may account for up to half of all observed matings.[3] Such behaviours, referred to as ‘forced copulations’, involve an animal being approached and sexually penetrated whilst it struggles or attempts to escape. These observations of forced sex among animals are not controversial. What is controversial is the interpretation of these observations and the extension of theories based on them to humans. “Thornhill introduces this theory by describing the sexual behavior of scorpion flies. In which the male may gain sex from the female either by presenting a gift of food during courtship or without a nuptial offering, in which case force is necessary to restrain her.” [4]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociobiological_theories_of_rape#Animal_coercive_sex

in parts of Africa it's considered a "cure" for HIV/AIDS.
    i think the victim needs to be a virgin.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Rape is rape.
    na na, nana-na

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

If someone is willing to gang rape a women with 3 of his friends I don't think he cares about how tough the prison is.
    Sounds like the lowest form of coward to me, rather than some double hard crimmy for whom prison holds no terrors.

in parts of Africa it's considered a "cure" for HIV/AIDS.
    i think the victim needs to be a virgin.:eek:

I have heard that before and that is just pure evil, similar to the gross sexual abuse of young girls and boys in Ireland over the years.

I have heard that before and that is just pure evil, similar to the gross sexual abuse of young girls and boys in Ireland over the years.

i dont understand? did the Christian Buggers have AIDS too?
    maybe they thought it was a cure for having bandy culchie legs:eek:

i dont understand? did the Christian Buggers have AIDS too?
    maybe they thought it was a cure for having bandy culchie legs:eek:

What exactly is your point and your motive? Whatever the motive behind the rape, a crime was committed and the perpetrators should be brought to justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

There's nothing in the report to suggest it was motivated by race.
    If the reporter/s have evidence or reason to believe that it was in any way motivated by race then it may have been legitimate to report it as a 'possibly racially-motivated attack'.
    Given that the report would suggest they have no evidence of this i don't see why they wouldn't simply report it as they would any other attack; unless, of course, their concentrating on the racial aspect is a calculated ploy to excite more comment.

ascanbe wrote: »
    There's nothing in the report to suggest it was motivated by race.
    If the reporter/s have evidence or reason to believe that it was in any way motivated by race then it may have been legitimate to report it as a 'possibly racially-motivated attack'.
    Given that the report would suggest they have no evidence of this i don't see why they wouldn't simply report it as they would any other attack; unless, of course, their concentrating on the racial aspect is a calculated ploy to excite more comment.

I understand what you are saying but that is the way news is generally reported in this country. In every crime committed by Non-nationals, not only is the fact that they are non-Irish highlighted but they also disclose the country they come from.

The reality is that if it was black guys that raped a white girl, that would have gone viral all over the world at this stage and would have generated a far bigger response on AH. I understand people do not like this or any event to be associated to racism but they also have to accept that there is a very plausible possibility that this might be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I am not sure of this, but this is the first time I ever heard or read about a gang rape in Ireland, is it the first??

Its kind of hard to imagine the types that would do such a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

The reality is that if it was black guys that raped a white girl, that would have gone viral all over the world at this stage and would have generated a far bigger response on AH. I understand people do not like this or any event to be associated to racism but they also have to accept that there is a very plausible possibility that this might be the case.

Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

44leto wrote: »
    I am not sure of this, but this is the first time I ever heard or read about a gang rape in Ireland, is it the first?

'Tis not, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

hondasam wrote: »
    I don't think you should focus on the girls colour, Rapist are not usually picky.

Why not? The girls colour likely allowed them to dehumanise her enough to carry out the act. Why, after all, did they not rape the white girl they were with if rape was all that was on their minds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement