Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black girl raped by 4 white teens.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Paparazzo wrote: »
    na na, nana-na

Hmmmm Quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

I read the article and they seem to throw in "white" teenagers and "white" girl to justify their ridiculous headline. They then decide to paste another rape story (which deserved its own headline) in the middle which makes up the majority of the piece.

I guarantee if it had been four black teenagers and a white victim the rag that is the Herald would not have went with the headline "Race rape of girl" and used terms like the "three black teenage boys"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Yet another reason I would like the death penalty brought in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I can only imagine the carry on here if it was a white girl raped by four black lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Really surprised a couple of posters haven't come in to tell us about how this is a cultural thing like they claim it is across all Black people from America to Britain to Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

amacachi wrote: »
    Really surprised a couple of posters haven't come in to tell us about how this is a cultural thing like they claim it is across all Black people from America to Britain to Africa.
    How what is a cultural thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Keitho Dub

Maybe thay report black girl because first it was, 2nd witnesses may recall black girl around the time it happen and may report it, to say black girl was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

orourkeda wrote: »
    Animals dont commit rape.
    WRONG!

Rats & Chimps have been known to practise rape as a means of enforcing dominance in a social group.

Ask a blond (male/female) to walk down Johannesburg in the wee hours if you don't believe me!

Sorry, but WTF?

Keitho Dub wrote: »
    Maybe thay report black girl because first it was, 2nd witnesses may recall black girl around the time it happen and may report it, to say black girl was right.
    You might have an argument if the headline didn't say:
    Race rape of girl (16)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Who's they? Cultural relativism bugs me too but in fairness it doesn't involve defending rape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I'll just say that the headline is a disgrace-but that's the Herald for you.It's a little early to be speculating on why they singled out this poor girl.Hope they throw away the key,just disgusting.

KINGVictor wrote: »
    in parts of Africa it's considered a "cure" for HIV/AIDS.
    i think the victim needs to be a virgin.:eek:

I have heard that before and that is just pure evil, similar to the gross sexual abuse of young girls and boys in Ireland over the years.
    Ah come on... I agree with you there would be horrible things said here about all African people if it was a bunch of black lads raping a white girl, but there's no need to resort to that. And the two aren't that comparable either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ThelotusKid

I've a friend from childhood who's HIV positive . . . . Woo who!

Never would have thought it - all he ever did was shag what was left at the end of the night in clubs in Cork?
    I, on the other hand, shared needles with addicts in Germany, and am HIV Negative - go figure?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I've a friend from childhood who's HIV positive . . . . Woo who!

Never would have thought it - all he ever did was shag what was left at the end of the night in clubs in Cork?
    I, on the other hand, shared needles with addicts in Germany, and am HIV Negative - go figure?!

...well done?

El Weirdo wrote: »

Gang rape. Think it was in the last year on AH someone was going on about gangrape being an ingrained cultural tic in black people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

We don't know the whole story so won't make any judgements on the rapists' motives in this case.

However, it's not always as simple as "rape is rape". Rape is commonly used as a weapon in civil wars drawn on ethnic lines, i.e. the idea is raping the women of your enemies will "de-purify" them and advance your side's ethnicity. This happened in Rwanda, the Congo and Bosnia. It's definitely a case that rape can be used in a racist way and it's not always as simple as controlling the person.

Rape is Rape regardless of why the person does it.....that you would suggest otherwise is frankly worrying.

That poor girl.....these animals should be locked up for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

I might be wrong but is nt this the 2nd such incidence of a black girl being raped by white teens this week?

http://www.herald.ie/news/race-rape-of-girl-16-2942663.html

Horrible.
    Let's hope one day all rapists will be raped on a public place, so they'll feel the heat...

Gang rape. Think it was in the last year on AH someone was going on about gangrape being an ingrained cultural tic in black people.
    The rape was perpetrated by white youths.

...well done?

Dein Geld oder dein Leben!

The perps were white caucasian males.

• Advertisement

From the "Don't judge, they can't help it" angle or the "Shur what would you expect from them blacks" one?
    Both woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Simtech wrote: »
    Why not? The girls colour likely allowed them to dehumanise her enough to carry out the act. Why, after all, did they not rape the white girl they were with if rape was all that was on their minds.

You think they would only rape a black girl?
    I think anyone who rapes another person does not care what colour they are because they have no respect for anyone.

I'm aware of that. It's kinda my whole point.
    Dudess wrote: »
    From the "Don't judge, they can't help it" angle or the "Shur what would you expect from them blacks" one?
    Both woeful.
    Can't remember specifically which of the usual suspects it was so can't say which of those were their "motivation".

I, for one, would never liked to be raped - under any circumstances.

I am, however, male - I believe women are divided on the issue.

I'm aware of that. It's kinda my whole point.

Can't remember specifically which of the usual suspects it was so can't say which of those were their "motivation".
    Right. I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down, my man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I believe women are divided on the issue.
    Can you clarify this for me please?

I am female and would never like to be raped and don't know any other female that would either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I await with baited breath an explanation of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

oh jesus.

Sounds like fantasy to me - Nancy Friday etc.

Looks like you're gunning for a ban, but, please be absolutely clear in your reasons for doing so.

That is, identifying what I actually mean as opposed to your interpretation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Rape is Rape regardless of why the person does it.....that you would suggest otherwise is frankly worrying.

Rape is Rape. Murder is Murder.
    But motivations are a contributor to just how heinous we perceive a crime to be.

The headline is inflammatory, and at one level implies that her colour or their colour was a contributing factor to the motivations behind this crime. If it was racially motivated then I would imagine the courts will consider the crime to be worse than were race not a factor.

So, is everything cool?

Sounds like fantasy to me - Nancy Friday etc.

Looks like you're gunning for a ban, but, please be absolutely clear in your reasons for doing so.

That is, identifying what I actually mean as opposed to your interpretation.

What DO you mean then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

hondasam wrote: »
    You think they would only rape a black girl?
    I think anyone who rapes another person does not care what colour they are because they have no respect for anyone.

I'm not saying they would only rape a black girl, I'm saying they did rape a black girl rather than the white girl who was with them or any other white girl for that matter. To say that race is likely to have been a factor is, I believe, justified.
    To say that rapists have no respect for anyone is too generalised a comment. I'm sure they have respect for someone. Obviously they have no respect for their poor victim and are likely, I believe to have used her colour as a mechanism to allow them to dehumanise her in their heads enough to perpetrate such a vile act. I think it naive to think otherwise, but that's just my opinion and opinions are ten-a-penny, mine is no more weighty than any other.

What DO you mean then?

I don't believe you have banning capabilities - explanations, not required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Saul Goodman

I might be wrong but is nt this the 2nd such incidence of a black girl being raped by white teens this week?

http://www.herald.ie/news/race-rape-of-girl-16-2942663.html

thats dublin for ya, full of scum. them scum prob robbed a merc after that with a fishing rod and a magnet in the letter box.

thats dublin for ya, full of scum. them scum prob robbed a merc after that with a fishing rod and a magnet in the letter box.

We live in a very strange world girls - rape should be the least of your worries!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Many young men know that assault is very hard to get done for unless there are lots of witnesses or video cameras. The same goes for rape and by picking on someone who is not a white Irish person and who's family is an immigrant to this country they know that the family is not likely to have much money, power or connections.

If it comes down to it with a gang rape they can all back each other up saying that she consented and it gets even harder to prove and prosecute.

The children of immigrants are more vulnerable then other sections of Irish society.

We live in a very strange world girls - rape should be the least of your worries!

what is wrong with you? are you not well or something?
    stop with the stupid posts.

• Advertisement

LotusKid banned for trolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 W77

orourkeda wrote: »
    Rape should be treated with the same severity as murder regardless of the victims background

What about the violent assault of a male? Don't you think that should be treated with the same severity as the rape of a female?

Tick tock, tick tock.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

its ok the ruling party aren't fond of the blacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Eh are you confusing role play fantasies of being sexual dominated with actual rape?

EDIT: ah he is banned. Order is restored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Other than the inflamatory title in the Herald's article, theres no indication given that race has had anything to do with the attack whatsoever. Ne'er a jot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 W77

Eh are you confusing role play fantasies of being sexual dominated with actual rape?

EDIT: ah he is banned. Order is restored

To be fair it's not like there's never been a false rape claim made by a woman, just saying..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

We need vigilantes in our communities to sort out rapists.

I really hope this wasn't a racially motivated crime. With some many rapes happening every year there's bound to be some white on black attack rapes as well as black on white, with no racial motive behind it.

biko wrote: »
    I really hope this wasn't a racially motivated crime. With some many rapes happening every year there's bound to be some white on black attack rapes as well as black on white, with no racial motive behind it.

It's hard to say, if a white girl had come along at that time they probably would have raped her, who knows.
    would it be fair to assume drugs/drink were involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

charlemont wrote: »
    We need vigilantes in our communities to sort out rapists.
    yeah they are called prisoners,women and child rapists are one of the highest risk groups of getting shanked,burnt,or sent to face the wrath of some god.

there are vigilantes in the actual community to of course,but its not a good idea,both for themselves as they will end up ruining their life with a criminal record or prison sentance,and not a good idea as many innocent people have been hurt because they look similar or because they have the same name.

crims might have done something wrong but at least many to some level have morals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement