Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black girl raped by 4 white teens.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

KINGVictor wrote: »
    I understand what you are saying but that is the way news is generally reported in this country. In every crime committed by Non-nationals, not only is the fact that they are non-Irish highlighted but they also disclose the country they come from.

The reality is that if it was black guys that raped a white girl, that would have gone viral all over the world at this stage and would have generated a far bigger response on AH. I understand people do not like this or any event to be associated to racism but they also have to accept that there is a very plausible possibility that this might be the case.

I understand what you mean; it's amusing, but hardly surprising, for instance, that some of the posters that would flock to a thread like this in different circumstances, with the express intention of making race the main issue, and to imply that all those who share the race of the perpetrators are guilty by association, have made a brief appearance on this thread to opine that the racial aspect, in this instance, shouldn't be of any consequence.
    What i'm getting at is that this article, and the headline, especially, seemed designed to make the race of the girl and the race of the perpetrators as big an issue, if not bigger, than the fact that a girl was allegedlly assaulted.
    The race element may be incidental or may not, but the reporters cite nothing in the article to suggest it was the primary motivation for the attack or that it was in any way a motivation.
    I'm simply taking issue with the tone of this article as it seems to me an attempt to exploit a particular angle of this case for effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Yeah you are correct but I wonder if the response would have been measured if it was 4 Nigerian men that raped an Irish girl...

Great point, reminds of A Time To Kill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

I might be wrong but is nt this the 2nd such incidence of a black girl being raped by white teens this week?

http://www.herald.ie/news/race-rape-of-girl-16-2942663.html

Racist!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

Racist!!!

Racism is the belief that inherent traits in human racial groups justify discrimination. I don't see that in the OPs post at all. Where do you see it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭My_left_leg

Simtech wrote: »
    Racism is the belief that inherent traits in human racial groups justify discrimination. I don't see that in the OPs post at all. Where do you see it?

Cheers Simtech.
    I was merely quoting a newspaper headline i saw earlier.

Boy talk about shooting the messenger!:(

Racist!!!

He brought race into it with his title.
    It should read girl raped by 4 teens.

Just ask john terry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Is After Hours becoming the new Stormfront? nearly each day this week there has been a big thread about racial issues. Boards is normally very cautious about this subject, and its rare you get any debate about racial issues as it usually degenerates down into mudslinging amid accusations of racism and political correctness gone mad.

Rape is horrible but there is also the question when it is an interracial rape is it hate crime? I don't know enough about this case so can't comment really. Hopefully the purps will get their punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

Just ask john terry.

Don't be silly.

Just ask john terry.

Don't be silly.

I was only messing;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

Sorry, but WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Bit of a ridiculous headline really, does it really matter why they committed the rape, the fact that they did it is the important thing, it's almost like a justification for those who are sick in the head.

Doesn't matter anyway, I am sickened by the way victims of Sexual Assault are treated in this country. Isn't it true that in something like 70% of cases the DPP choose not to prosecute. And not only that if your case is in fact prosecuted then the victim has to prove that they were sexually assaulted instead of the accused having to prove their innocence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

WRONG!

Rats & Chimps have been known to practise rape as a means of enforcing dominance in a social group.

Ask a blond (male/female) to walk down Johannesburg in the wee hours if you don't believe me!

Please would you provide a link to where you found the information that rats and chimps rape blond males and females in Johannesburg. I presume you mean blonde male and female humans as opposed to blondes of their own species or perhaps you are trying to pull my left leg! I considered that maybe you were referring to black people as rats and chimps and then I realised that nobody could be that stupid or could you?
    in parts of Africa it's considered a "cure" for HIV/AIDS.
    i think the victim needs to be a virgin.:eek:

Your information sources are a bit one-sided. Someone mentioned Stormfront - I'm wondering did you wander in from there to spread some sort of nasty racist virus. :rolleyes:

http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2002/april/virgin.htm
    In the first instance, we must examine the culturally-specific belief system, which is not confined to South Africa as is popularly conceived, nor to the African continent as a whole, but is found to exist in most other developing countries with large numbers of HIV/Aids positive people in their populations.

India, with an estimated 3 million plus HIV/Aids sufferers, along with Thailand, both largely patriarchal societies, also has entrenched the so-called Virgin Cure within its belief systems.

The myth of the Virgin Cure has a rich and culturally diverse history stretching back to 16th century Europe, and more prominently to be found in 19th century Victorian England, where, in spite of the emphasis on morality, rectitude and family values, there existed a widespread belief, that sexual intercourse with a virgin was a cure for syphilis, gonnorhea, [and other STD's]. Syphilis, like HIV/Aids, was fatal in its terminal stages. In the Eastern Cape of South Africa, when a significant outbreak of STD's was spread by troops returning home from overseas after WWII, the Virgin Cure was widely sought among the population.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Is After Hours becoming the new Stormfront? nearly each day this week there has been a big thread about racial issues. Boards is normally very cautious about this subject, and its rare you get any debate about racial issues as it usually degenerates down into mudslinging amid accusations of racism and political correctness gone mad.

Rape is horrible but there is also the question when it is an interracial rape is it hate crime? I don't know enough about this case so can't comment really. Hopefully the purps will get their punishment.

I doubt posters on stormfront, from what i know of it, are reacting to this news in the same way they would if the race of the alleged perpetrators and the race of the alleged victim were reversed..
    And, similarly, if this was the case, this thread would most likely have gone well beyond the number of posts it currently contains within an hour, many attempting to similarly indict by association, however more subtly, anyone who happens to share the race/nationality of the alleged perpetrators.
    Other posters would be arguing against this clearly illogical stance and would be met with the usual braying about their being motivated by political correctness etc.
    Of course, no one, in this case is trying to suggest that anyone who happens to share the same race/nationality as the alleged perpetrators are guilty by association.
    So, this is one of the few threads on here that even tangentally involve race that bears little resemblance to what you'd expect to see on the stormfront or similar sites; for some reason, the posters on here that would usually be trying to indict anyone they can link by race/nationality to the alleged perpetrators have no interest in doing so in this case. Funny, that..
    Perhaps it's just that they've suddenly realised how illogical/wrong this is and a new, enlightened age is dawning upon AH.

Edit: just spotted up for anything's post above in which he/she points out that there has been at least one 'stormfront' like post on this thread, as it happens..missed that, as did the mods, obviously.
    Has no bearing on the point i was making, anyway, as it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ascanbe wrote: »
    Stinicker wrote: »

I doubt posters on stormfront, from what i know of it, are reacting to this news in the same way they would if the race of the alleged perpetrators and the race of the alleged victim were reversed..
    And, similarly, if this was the case, this thread would most likely have gone well beyond the number of posts it currently contains within an hour, many attempting to similarly indict by association, however more subtly, anyone who happens to share the race/nationality of the alleged perpetrators.
    Other posters would be arguing against this clearly illogical stance and would be met with the usual braying about their being motivated by political correctness etc.
    Of course, no one, in this case is trying to suggest that anyone who happens to share the same race/nationality as the alleged perpetrators are guilty by association.
    So, this is one of the few threads on here that even tangentally involve race that bears little resemblance to what you'd expect to see on the stormfront or similar sites; for some reason, the posters on here that would usually be trying to indict anyone they can link by race/nationality to the alleged perpetrators have no interest in doing so in this case. Funny, that..
    Even indignation at the "racist" spin of the Herald article.

Yeah the Naas mayor thread generated about 600 posts - mostly windowlickery.

Edit: just spotted up for anything's post above in which he/she points out that there has been at least one 'stormfront' like post on this thread, as it happens..missed that, as did the mods, obviously.
    Has no bearing on the point i was making, anyway, as it happens.

I didn't point out anything like there having been at least one 'stormfront' like post on the thread. I said that someone had mentioned Stormfront. My_left_leg has been quite vocal on the last few threads involving incidents/comments concerning black people but for me his posts on this thread have been a bit beyond the pale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

chop their knobs off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

CamperMan wrote: »
    chop their knobs off

Agreed,

This is a horrific attack, these guys should be hung, I go to college right beside the place, and on Monday morning the place was sealed off and tech bureau were out examining the scene, we could see them from some of our classes...

We had heard it was a rape at the time but did not know the details, the cops were in (looking at the cctv I would assume)

Most of the locals assumed it had happened after the night club in the early hours of Monday, but people who lived nearby may not have heard anything out of the ordinary as there is always lustful couples "cavorting" after their night in The Blacker....

Terrible stuff and I hope they are caught and castrated...

I didn't point out anything like there having been at least one 'stormfront' like post on the thread. I said that someone had mentioned Stormfront. My_left_leg has been quite vocal on the last few threads involving incidents/comments concerning black people but for me his posts on this thread have been a bit beyond the pale.

Oh, i know. I only mentioned stormfront in relation to the post i was replying to, which mentioned stormfront; this is all getting very confusing...:D
    I was lauding you for pointing out/replying to that idiotic post which the mods obviously missed.
    Crossed wires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

The person who wrote this should be fired , stirring up ****, fine girl got raped why throw in the race card ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

I, for one, would never liked to be raped - under any circumstances.

I am, however, male - I believe women are divided on the issue.

So what are you getting at...that Some women would like to be rapped!!!:mad: seriously are you right in the head!!!???

Oh, i know. I only mentioned stormfront in relation to the post i was replying to, which mentioned stormfront; this is all getting very confusing...:D
    I was lauding you for pointing out/replying to that idiotic post which the mods obviously missed.
    Crossed wires.

:D Ok so, I'm completely lost now. Sorry and thanks. :D

Advertisement