Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itunes,Paypal,Gift card,Laser.....

• 24-11-2011 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi,
    This has prob been asked loads of time and I apologise in advance!

I bought app on ITunes,it downloaded, I put through payment (3v card).

Went in today to download free app and told problem with billing that my original payment didn't go through. That 3v card now does not have sufficient funds to pay.

I can't use Paypal or Laser on Irish ITunes so how do I pay? Without using Credit Card?

Can I buy Itunes gift card with Laser online and use it straight away????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah basically you owe them the price of the app, same thing happened me with 3v before so now i just buy an itunes gift card, loads of places sell them

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭june92

Do you know if i can buy gift card online with my Laser and use gift card immediately, without having to wait for it to be posted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

haven't a clue, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

No, you can't - you have to wait for it to be posted. Best thing to do is buy a card/voucher in a store/supermarket. 02 store, Dunnes, Superquinn etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

jeckle wrote: »
    No, you can't - you have to wait for it to be posted. Best thing to do is buy a card/voucher in a store/supermarket. 02 store, Dunnes, Superquinn etc

This.

I know Superquinn were doing a €25 voucher for €20 last week. Might be worth checking. Otherwise Tesco do them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Where I can get USA itune gift card guys? Is it cheaper to rent movies in us vs Ireland account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

june92 wrote: »
    Do you know if i can buy gift card online with my Laser and use gift card immediately, without having to wait for it to be posted?
    I was having a look through the Apple Store a short while ago & as it turns out you can now register a Laser Card for purchases from the Apple Store & purchase email gift certificates which you could email to yourself & it's received immediately.

- Go to http://store.apple.com/ie/account/home

- On the left hand side of the page, under the heading 'Account Settings' click on 'Change your default shipping or billing info'

-Sign in using your Apple ID

-In the Account Information section, there's a heading 'Payment Information' with an option to edit. There you will see the Laser logo - just click on it & enter your card details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

Go to isohunt and download whatever app you want for free. Better than giving Apple money. Repay their greed by not paying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

iwo wrote: »
    Where I can get USA itune gift card guys? Is it cheaper to rent movies in us vs Ireland account?

I think you can get them on the Walmart website and they'll mail you the code!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

spikeprint wrote: »
    Go to isohunt and download whatever app you want for free. Better than giving Apple money. Repay their greed by not paying them.

Doing this hurts app developers, not Apple who make most of their profits from hardware sales. Pirating an app that costs a euro or a few euro at most is pretty low. You're the one who sounds greedy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Doing this hurts app developers, not Apple who make most of their profits from hardware sales. Pirating an app that costs a euro or a few euro at most is pretty low. You're the one who sounds greedy.

You're wrong. Apple claim the large majority of the 79c fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Methememb wrote: »
    You're wrong. Apple claim the large majority of the 79c fee.

No, you're wrong. Apple get 30%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Sorry, point conceded, I was wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

june92 wrote: »
    Hi,
    This has prob been asked loads of time and I apologise in advance!

I bought app on ITunes,it downloaded, I put through payment (3v card).

Went in today to download free app and told problem with billing that my original payment didn't go through. That 3v card now does not have sufficient funds to pay.

I can't use Paypal or Laser on Irish ITunes so how do I pay? Without using Credit Card?

Can I buy Itunes gift card with Laser online and use it straight away????

What probably happened was when you added the card Apple made an authorisation hold which takes around $1 (I think). They do this to make sure its genuine and has funds available. They return the amount within a few days. The card will probably have the funds to pay in a few days.

Better off with gift cards, or ask your bank for a new Visa debit which AFAIK works no problem with buying from iTunes.

Advertisement