Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building works in Balbriggan

Options
  • 24-11-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I see builders have moved in on flemington road coming up from clonard cross, wondering if anyone knows what's happening there? I know there was a cemetry approved around that area, wonder if it's that and hopefully ( couldnt be ) more houses!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

Actually think it's the new road finally!

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Files/Planning/Sheet4 - Balbriggan.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Madpaddy79 wrote: »

Do you know where this new road is leading or what it is for? will this run down to the GAA pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

I had a look at the area plan and can't come up with anything other than a road. If I am correct it will link the new roundabout on way into balbriggan to flemington lane
    Eliminating the narrow road currently there.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dercu

That would make sense MadPaddy, if your driving up to FLemington Lane there is also vehicles and another works entrance on the LHS before the other site on the RHS

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Benjy

Apparently this project is a new water reservoir for the town and not the new road.

Extract from this link www.fingalcoco.ie/minutes/meeting_doc.aspx?id=1685 states ....... North West Balbriggan is experiencing rapid population growth and will grow further in the coming years. At present, potable water to Balbriggan is supplied from Jordanstown and Kilsough Reservoirs. Significant growth is anticipated in North West Balbriggan above the 40m contour. In order to supply water to those areas by gravity, a new reservoir has been proposed at the higher elevation on Bridgefoot-Clonard Road near Flemington. The new pump station is required to exclusively pump water to the reservoir. This will ensure supply of water to the areas of North West Balbriggan above 40m contour and will act as emergency storage for the areas below 40m contour in case of failure of supply from Jordanstown or Kilsough Reservoirs.

Extract from this link http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Water/WaterServicesProjects/WaterProjects/BalbrigganWaterSupply/ states ....... In the meantime, Fingal are investigating extracting some elements of the long term solution (as identified in a draft of the Preliminary Report), and carrying them out as advance works in the short term, including a watermain from Jordanstown Reservoir to Palmerstown Reservoir, and a pump station and high level reservoir near Flemingtown in north-west Balbriggan (in order to alleviate water pressure problems in the higher level area of Balbriggan, above the 40m contour).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Madpaddy79 wrote: »
    I see builders have moved in on flemington road coming up from clonard cross, wondering if anyone knows what's happening there? I know there was a cemetry approved around that area, wonder if it's that and hopefully ( couldnt be ) more houses!!

The new cemetery location:
    via Google maps

Work started a few weeks ago.
    http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/new-cemetery-to-open-2929580.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

sirpsycho wrote: »

Just when I thought they were going to sort out the crappy water in Balbriggan.

Is it a grave yard for defo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

JohnnieK wrote: »
    Just when I thought they were going to sort out the crappy water in Balbriggan.

Is it a grave yard for defo?

Graveyard. Kind of nice that the graveyard, water works and allotments are in the one area.
    Contract for the water reservoir was signed off.

FCC
    PRESS RELEASE

NEW WATER RESERVOIR FOR BALBRIGGAN WATER RESERVOIR FOR BALBRIGGAN
    Fingal County Council demonstrates its commitment to improving water
    infrastructure in the County by awarding a major contract for Balbriggan.
    On Wednesday 26th October Fingal County Council signed a €5.5million contract with Jons Civil Engineering Company ltd for the Balbriggan Water Supply Scheme (SLI)-Network and Reservoir.
    This scheme involves the construction of a pump station and 6,000 cubic metre reservoir at Flemington with associated rising and gravity water mains. It will serve the high lying areas in North-West Balbriggan which are currently on a pumped supply and suffer occasionally from low pressure and interruptions in supply. It will also facilitate the future development of zoned lands within these areas.
    This will be welcome news to locals who have supported the Council in securing approval from Central government who are part funding the scheme along with the Council. Construction work is expected to commence in mid-November and commissioning should take place before the end of 2012

Kind of nice that the graveyard, water works and allotments are in the one area.

Advertisement