Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Email

• 24-11-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey! Im planning on moving the home setup from Eircom to the 50M UPC deal.

Just a quick question about eircom mail... can we keep the @eircom.net address if we jump ship???

Also anyone with experience of the switchover, how long does the whole thing take from the time we get the phone calls in?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

You'll need to change your outgoing mail server in your Email settings, but other than that it would work fine, you can keep the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gargled

roast wrote: »
    You'll need to change your outgoing mail server in your Email settings, but other than that it would work fine, you can keep the email.

Thanks for the reply. Why would I need to do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Because Eircom Mail will not send mails if you are not logged in through Eircom (as far as I know)
    But you can change the outgoing smtp server to whatever UPC provides. Equally, you can set the mail to show your eircom address as the return address. That way you can still receive your eircom mails and the recipients will only see your eircom mail as sender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Gargled wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Why would I need to do that?

I'm with UPC and use my eircom e-mail on Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live mail.

In accounts/ server settings in those programs change the

Incoming Mail (pop3) to Mail1.eircom.net
    Outgoing Mail (SMTP) to smtp.upcmail.ie

You will be able to receive and send e-mail using those settings.

Advertisement