Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to create a Football Manager Challenge

Options
  • 24-11-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

On some of the FM sites, users are creating challeneges and I thought between us we could come up with something interesting and worthwhile. Here are some examples to give you idea of what I mean:

Unemployment Challenge: Start unemployed with a set list of leagues selected and set a target, such as winning the champions league. The main rule being you have to set your past managerial experience to Automatic/Sunday League Footballer, thereby you will be lucky to get any job and you have to build a reputation as a manager and work your way up to a top job.

Lowest League to Champions League: Pretty self explanitory, decide on a country , England for examle, start with a Blue Square North/South team and take that team to the top, working your way up through the leagues sticking with the same team.

Patriot Challenger: Starting with a top division team you have to get rid of all your foriegn players. For example, take over Man United, and build a team of all English players or we can expand it to all British & Irish players and win everything. This could be expanded to all coaches too. I don't think we could apply this to the Irish League due to the high number of Irish players already in the team. This would probably work best with a premiership team outside of City and United and then try and win the league and Champions League.

We could build on one of these challenges or come up with one more original if people are interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Cool idea, especially like the one about building an all English/Irish (Britain and Ireland maybe?) squad. I'd be up for it if a few were.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

what about a fortnight without playing?

thats the toughest one out there

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm doing dafuge's challenge at the moment. You have to take a team from below Blue Square Regional leagues to Premier League/Champions League glory. I'm currently in League 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Hard to think of original challenges as anything possible is out there already. Others to the list include challenges to take charge of the San Marino club in the Italian leagues and the country itself and bring them both to glory. That's a long one :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The Patriot Challenge sounds very good, will definitely give that a whurl!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Currently doing the AFC Wimboldon challenge, win the premier league with the dons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

tvercetti wrote: »
    Lowest League to Champions League: Pretty self explanitory, decide on a country , England for examle, start with a Blue Square North/South team and take that team to the top, working your way up through the leagues sticking with the same team.

Not sure if it counts, but I recently started a season with Shelbourne. Unless that goes belly-up I'll consider it my "challenge". :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm just finishing my first season with Stalybridge in BSN so I'll take the BSN to PL challenge! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

More a way of playing the game than a challenge. Pop into the editor and find out the reputations of the top leagues of each country. Starting at the highest league pick a team with a media prediction in the bottom half and win the Champions League with them. Each save you make should be with the next top tier league lower down the reputation list and do the same. Keep going until FM13 comes out.

Saves the age it can take thinking what team to play as and lets you see many leagues. Turkish league up next for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

I think I will be going with the patriot challenge, sounds good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Having a crack at the patriot challenge but for me they all have to be Spanish!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

The patriot challenge would be hard if you're aiming for success. With St. Pats I am relying on my foreign players a lot :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

UCD AFC wrote: »
    The patriot challenge would be hard if you're aiming for success. With St. Pats I am relying on my foreign players a lot :P

I think that's why it's called a "challenge"

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I think that's why it's called a "challenge"
    Was aimed at OP

" I don't think we could apply this to the Irish League due to the high number of Irish players already in the team."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

The san marino challenge is the best/hardest! We should all do that and see who gets the best score.

Advertisement