Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayaking, where?

Options
  • 24-11-2011 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hello all,

I have went kayaking in lovely places in ireland and I want more!:)
    Have you any nice spots around the south east or anywhere in Ireland that I should try out,

Lakes, rivers on a nice day! :D
    Share your pictures!

Thanks,
    Safe kayaking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jimlad

Any scenic places to kayak?
    Anywhere?

Thanks again,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jimlad

PM sent..

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Lough Currane near Waterville; Lakes of Killarney, near Killarney - both in Kerry. (You'll need a permit for the Lakes of Killarney). Lough Corrib in Galway and any of the sheltered, island strewn, bays of West Cork. There are some of my favourite spots...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Wiley1

Head to Cavan, 365 lakes if you're into flat water,

Than you have the Blackwater and the Boyne running into Navan from Kells and Trim, and then on to Slane and Drogheda, make sure you walk the weirs and know your lines if you are running this, there are a few drops that can be dodgy for 1st timers on that stretch.

Then you could get out on the sea at Julianstown and paddle along the coast, try and get your hands on and check the tide charts so you're not walking 3 miles back in with your canoe.

What boat are you in, I'm like the Canadian more and more lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jimkayak

Hi there, My friend and I go all over the place for some fun kayaking, we even go down the Avomore river in our sit-on-tops http://nativewatercraft.com/boat.cfm?id=26
    some times we do the Rathdrum to the meetings of the waters.
    it's a whitewater section which can be demanding if your a beginer.
    If anyone knows how to handle kayak and would like to join us there more than welcome.
    Jim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭denismc

Check out Lough Hyne near Baltimore, nice and sheltered on the inside but the tide creates a rapid which is a lot of fun.

Advertisement