Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the midnight binmen in waterford

• 24-11-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

its becoming a joke now ever since the wheelybin collections were privatized in the city,
    there are bin lorries going around the streets of waterford all day and upto 10pm at night everynight.
    we are told to put out our bin at 7am on collection day and most times its not collected until after 8 pm at night, this new crowd who took over from the city council are crap and dont have a clue,
    at least when the city council lads were doing it you could set your clock by them, they were on time almost everytime..even in the snow and ice.
    im just sick of it now and beg the council to take it back.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

That time-frame is said to everybody regardless of your estate and by most bin companies. Some estates are collected much earlier and others much later. Possibly, they may tell you the exact time in your own estate if you ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I don't live in the city but is there a problem with leaving your bins out longer than a few hours? I usually leave mine out before I go to bed and then take it back in the next day at like 6pm.
    Wouldn't bother me what time they come around to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We had problem in this estate a few weeks ago.

I cant remember which company, but when the green bins were put out and not collected, some people had black bags dumped in on top of their recycling and the bins werent collected.

Yeah, my mother is in the country and they only take in the bin the next day, they have no idea when it is collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Sully wrote: »
    That time-frame is said to everybody regardless of your estate and by most bin companies. Some estates are collected much earlier and others much later. Possibly, they may tell you the exact time in your own estate if you ask.

when the city council collected the bins we were gaurenteed that they would be collected in the morning time, and they always delivired,
    unlike these cowboy companys who are doing it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

had to laugh, we had a Mr Binman representative around yesterday, just reassuring everyone ii the estate business as usual even though they were in receivership, I just happened to mention any idea when the brown bin wil be collected, this was around 8-8.30 at night, he seemed genuinely astonished they werent collected by that time, so i bought him out to the bin and showed him, so he went accross the road and looked at another bin, that was full as well. I said wed rung the office earlier to see and she said there was a dealy, ah he said theyll be around so and buggered off.

Friday morning still no bin collected, doesnt say much really does it

Shin

• Advertisement
Advertisement