Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walsh's electrical in foster st. ?

Options
  • 24-11-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

whatever happened to this handy spot, passed by today and seems to be gone all of a sudden. always seemed busy, strange:confused:

westgolf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mr justMary was taking to Peter yesterday. Seems the landlord wanted the building back, at fairly short notice too.

I don't know if this was in the context of rent negotiations or not, but it is a pretty prime location, can imagine some of the chain type businesses being prepared to pay well for it.

Peter is currently looking around for another building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Thats awful. That chap with the classic combover has been in there for years. Always handy for extension leads etc for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

He was always helpfull and honest

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

How can he be chucked out like that with no notice? That place is a bloody Galway icon! It was they only place you could still get VHS

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ladhrann wrote: »
    How can he be chucked out like that with no notice? That place is a bloody Galway icon! It was they only place you could still get VHS

You have to assume that he was on a short term lease.

Reasons for this might include the landlord deciding years ago that he wanted the building "soon", but agreeing that that the current tenant could stay week-by-week or month-by-month. Or other things, like rent being behind.

I have no idea what the case here is, and would not like to speculate - as people have said, Peter is a very customer-focussed business person, so my instinct would be the latter, but only he and the landlord know the truth of the situation.

Businesses don't just get "chucked out" of commercial property, there's almost always more going on than meets the eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

He seems to have gone online: http://www.galwayelectricalshop.com/

Funny thing is my Google Chrome browser keeps wanting to translate his page from Czech to English!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Support Czech Programmers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

JustMary wrote: »
    You have to assume that he was on a short term lease.

Reasons for this might include the landlord deciding years ago that he wanted the building "soon", but agreeing that that the current tenant could stay week-by-week or month-by-month. Or other things, like rent being behind.

Hard to see how he could have been on a short term lease. Wasn't that shop there for years? Certainly more than 5 years.

Advertisement