Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is best Fs9 or FSx

Options
  • 24-11-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭

Him

I have tried both, but I am reverting back to fs9

What do you think??

FSX OR FS9 10 votes

FSX
    0% 0 votes
    FS9
    100% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

If you have the hardware to run it properly, FSX can't be beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Agreed, with a decent PC, FSX wins hands down... At SP2, it provides a smooth, stable platform, with far wider support for advanced features. Namely bump and specular mappping on aircraft models, allowing for less detailed models, yet higher detail levels = faster higher frame rates. Much higher texture resolutions possible... and don't forget the big kicker...

Orbx. (my one true love)

9 is good, but severely dated now. The complaints of fsx being 'wonky' and 'not running well' are often possible to overcome should the user give it some time. Run instantly at perfect? no, possible to be far better? yes.

Heck, I run fsx on my laptop for testing paintwork, if that can manage it with a few tweaks, a pc that can't must be neolithic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Its a simple case of if you're PC is awesome run FSX, if its not so awesome, run FS9.

The quality of the visuals, sounds, animations, special effects, weather and light model imo in FSX is way beyond FS9 even with addons such as ActiveSky. Its programmed differently and has a lot more features under the bonnet then FS9 had. Lots more options available for scenery/aicraft etc.

But it does need tweaking of its graphics options and fsx.cfg file to really make it run well. Thankfully after years since its release theres enough info on the net to help everyone get the most from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Interesting Replies!! I supposed I am biased as all my favourite addons are fs9 based!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Which addons, out of interest?

Most fs9 greats have fsx remakes with improvements...

• Advertisement
Advertisement