Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modify a shotgun stock/butt

Options
  • 24-11-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

hey all,

i have a gun that i got from my brother who was a right handed shooter. I am a left handed shooter.
    Who can i get to re-do the gun so it suits me ?.. a gunsmith or such ?.

if so, who in co.tipp could i talk to.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

TBH,you would be better off leaving the stock alone and learning to use it LH.Unless it has a serious right hand cast you can manage with abit of practise.Unless the gun is worth alot ,getting a custom stock might run you more than the guns value in Ireland.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

hi there is a guy in wexford making stocks for shotguns to fit i will try and get his number or gerry gearon in clonmel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Alchemist2

Pat Sludds in Wexford, gentleman to deal with and produces excellent work at very reasonable prices will pm you his number if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Gerry Gearon in knocklofty,Clonmel is your man (052 6138164)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

thanks vizzy, appreciate the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

im based in Dundrum, co.tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I shoot several right handed guns left handed. You get used to it very quickly. Bolt actions are the only pain.

Advertisement