Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

o4 ford transit

Options
  • 24-11-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

hi all need some help so here goes
    when i came out from work this evening and sat in to my van it would not start all lights etc were working fine but not a meg out of the engine it was raining heavily most of the day and was dark out so i couldnt really have a right look got it started with a tow and when i got home it wouldnt start again would it be something simple like a loose wire or is it the starter or something more serious also i noticed a little light on in speedo clock thats goes off when i try to start it dunno if it was always like that all advice appreciated in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

if your battery is good, all cables firmly connected, then it is your starter. They fail because dust from the dmf clogs the gears and motor. If it is gone and you get a new one, insist that the mechanic hoovers out the starter recess thoroughly, or the new starter will fail in very short order as well. The mechanic will look at you as if you have two heads when you insist on this, but if he doesn't do it the new starter is toast as well. Have a look in autotrader if you need to buy a starter, there are many dealers selling then up north a lot cheaper than down here, though because of the huge number of tyransit/mondeo starters calving, they have come down a lot in price lately.:) Or it could be a loose wire....check them first, deffo.

Advertisement