Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't you just love the hatred?

• 24-11-2011 9:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I got a guy demoted in work, he's no longer heading up a team of three people, in fact the team has been completely broken up because they were holding back on work which meant we were struggling to meet contracts. The three of them absolutely hate me now, and the one of them who I'm now stuck working with is acting the bollocks but has been told to change her attitude quick sharp. Aaaaah, it feels good!

Don't you just love the hatred? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Well you sound like a lovely person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

You so badass OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've never purposely caused someone else any harm, but sounds fun.

you gonna run over some puppies next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

flash1080 wrote: »
    I got a guy demoted in work, he's no longer heading up a team of three people, in fact the team has been completely broken up because they were holding back on work which meant we were struggling to meet contracts. The three of them absolutely hate me now, and the one of them who I'm now stuck working with is acting the bollocks but has been told to change her attitude quick sharp. Aaaaah, it feels good!

Good, good, let the hate flow throooough you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ThelotusKid

It takes a certain type of person to fulfill particular positions.

I think you've found yours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Watch out for the big bag of sh1te in you're locker tommorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

So your that guy from school who rats on everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I'd say you rave hard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Well you sound like a lovely person.

I'm actually a nice person, very fair, but I expect a certain standard from the people I work with. If they don't do their job properly and prevent the company form fulfilling contracts then I will bring them down to Earth with a bang. I wasn't the only person who felt that way either.

It takes a certain type of person to fulfill particular positions.

I think you've found yours.

Management suits me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Watch out for the big bag of sh1te in you're locker tommorrow handbag

closer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm gonna go punch some old people, brb

phasers wrote: »
    I'm gonna go punch some old people, brb

That's way off topic, go way and start your own thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Simtech

You probably shouldn't really derive such pleasure from it though. Even if it was necessary, it should bring you no joy. You may want to reflect further on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

So you destroyed Xmas for some kids?

Well done you. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm actually a nice person, very fair, but I expect a certain standard from the people I work with.

Did he keep taking your stapler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Flash1080 in the office canteen.

Simtech wrote: »
    You probably shouldn't really derive such pleasure from it though. Even if it was necessary, it should bring you no joy. You may want to reflect further on it.

I suppose my happiness is more from the fact that we're now looking like we'll fulfill the contracts, rather than their collapse. That, plus the happiness from no longer having to fight to get information that should have been readily shared amongst co-workers in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

you are a bit of a power hungry twat arent ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Lemme guess D18/14 right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That's way off topic, go way and start your own thread.
    But you inspired me!

So you destroyed Xmas for some kids?

Well done you. :confused:

None of them have kids.

I suppose my happiness is more from the fact that we're now looking like we'll fulfill the contracts, rather than their collapse. That, plus the happiness from no longer having to fight to get information that should have been readily shared amongst co-workers in the first place.

The two posts seem to contradict each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

your a total Richard

John Doe1 wrote: »

I was already in a management position! They were stopping myself and others from doing our jobs by not sharing information, we were meant to be on the same team but they didn't play ball so I did what I had to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

What are the details, what did the guy you got demoted do on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I like your style OP. Having enemies can be a positive too, keeps you on your toes.

44leto wrote: »
    What are the details, what did the guy you got demoted do on you?

Held back information from other managers including myself for incredibly anal reasons which was preventing us from fulfilling contracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ThelotusKid

I'm actually a nice person, very fair, but I expect a certain standard from the people I work with. If they don't do their job properly and prevent the company form fulfilling contracts then I will bring them down to Earth with a bang. I wasn't the only person who felt that way either.

Security in numbers is always a no-no in my book, however, I really don't think the amount of people you believe like you actually do.

• Advertisement

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    I like your style OP. Having enemies can be a positive too, keeps you on your toes.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Security in numbers is always a no-no in my book, however, I really don't think the amount of people you believe like you actually do.

I'm well aware of who likes me and who doesn't. I'm also aware that my bosses are on my side in this given that they have been ranting about their carry on for the last week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

You seem so confident and full sure of yourself.

....and yet you post your nastiness on a public forum looking for approval of your actions?

Maybe you were right doing what you did (for whatever the reason) but is there a need for you to come here to gloat of the ill good you have passed onto someone else?

Swings and roundabouts.........

Held back information from other managers including myself for incredibly anal reasons which was preventing us from fulfilling contracts.

Well then he sounded like an arsehole, but do you really have to post about your victory in humiliating him and staining his career prospects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

What goes around comes around OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I wear a belt.

thats no fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

A debit in your karma book for taking pleasure in that.

44leto wrote: »
    Well then he sounded like an arsehole, but do you really have to post about your victory in humiliating him and staining his career prospects.

The man won't have a problem getting work elsewhere if he does leave and he's still in a management position, just not quite as high as he once was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

PK2008 wrote: »
    What goes around comes around OP

Not if he does his job properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Well, what did they do to get demoted? Did they fully deserve it?

If so, then fair enough.

The man won't have a problem getting work elsewhere if he does leave and he's still in a management position, just not quite as high as he once was.

Just a suggestion, I assume you are also in management, you really need some more maturity and a little discretion, you may very well have harmed your own career.

Like I wouldn't promote you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I wear a belt.

And one of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

What is in it for you? promotion?
    Do you really feel good about yourself, is it worth it, will your boss appreciate you more?
    You sound like a sad person who has no love in their life and obviously you were bullied as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killed By Death

So is this your company? Or are you just an employee??

If you're just an employee remember bosses hate a suck up, yes they'll use you to do their dirty work but don't labour under the misapprehension that you're any different than the rest of the grunts.

What they now know about you is that you're easy yo use. Your blatant backstabbing will always keep you an outsider though. Untrustworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Play nice

hondasam wrote: »
    What is in it for you? promotion?
    Do you really feel good about yourself, is it worth it, will your boss appreciate you more?
    You sound like a sad person who has no love in their life and obviously you were bullied as a child.

LOL :pac:

Nothing in it for me apart from satisfying customers.

I'm not sure why, but the old saying "not the shiniest tool in the box" keeps coming to mind. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killed By Death

LOL :pac:

Nothing in it for me apart from satisfying customers.

Oh you poor naive fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cafecreme

So is this your company? Or are you just an employee??

If you're just an employee remember bosses hate a suck up, yes they'll use you to do their dirty work but don't labour under the misapprehension that you're any different than the rest of the grunts.

What they now know about you is that you're easy yo use. Your blatant backstabbing will always keep you an outsider though. Untrustworthy.

I was just thinking the same, especially if you didnt manage to disguise your glee at the demotion in front of your boss(es). I'd be looking for ways to get rid of you, taking joy in being the instigator for a demotion makes you definitely not management material, too immature.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement