If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price on 32" to 36" Saorview Full HD Tvs

Options
  • 24-11-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering what the best price you can do for me on a Full HD Saorview approved TV, delivered down to Limerick.
    It is for a new completely unfurnished house, splitting the cost with 3 other people and we are trying to keep the expenditure to a minimum as we also have the task of furnishing the house.
    I was hoping for something in the €300 bracket which means I'm probably looking at a 32" if I'm not mistaken.
    If you could quote me the price in €'s that would be great.

Much Obliged,
    Sean

P.s. Saorview is not a critical requirement, and I apologize if I am treading over old ground, I'm aware that this sort of request is probably quite common!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

SMI wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering what the best price you can do for me on a Full HD Saorview approved TV, delivered down to Limerick.
    It is for a new completely unfurnished house, splitting the cost with 3 other people and we are trying to keep the expenditure to a minimum as we also have the task of furnishing the house.
    I was hoping for something in the €300 bracket which means I'm probably looking at a 32" if I'm not mistaken.
    If you could quote me the price in €'s that would be great.

Much Obliged,
    Sean

P.s. Saorview is not a critical requirement, and I apologize if I am treading over old ground, I'm aware that this sort of request is probably quite common!

SMI,

No problem and never apologise for a post- thanks for thinking of us!

The best deal at the moment is the LG 32LK330 - it's a really nice TV, Saorview approved and it's just £239.95 at the moment - in € the current price is €289.99 and delivery would be £14.95 / €17.99..

Have a look here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/32lk330u/lg-32lk330

Alternatively we also do the Philips 32PFL3406 at €349.99 - and we are happy to do free shipping on this one...

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl3406_98/32pfl3406_98_pss_aen.pdf

(sorry I've just about busted your budget ;) )

Thanks again and drop me a line if we can assist in any way..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭PyeContinental

Hello John, I'm looking for a budget priced 32" brand-name TV too.
    Both of these TVs look like good value. I see that both can play video via USB.

I continue to be impressed with the picture quality of the 37" LG LF7700 I bought from your store in Belfast a couple of years ago, and so I would tend to buy LG again. I hope that the picture quality on the LG 32LK330 would be as good.

Is the LG definitely Saorview Approved? I see that on the Saorview approved listings the LG model 32LK330U-ZB appears. Is this the same model?

I would very much like to give repeat Business to RicherSounds. I've always liked your company's great attitude to customer service and honesty in your dealings. However, I could buy the LG 32LK330 on Amazon.co.uk for £235.95 / €286.20 including free delivery to Rep of Ireland.

What can you do to offset the price difference of over €21? If you can't reduce the price or the delivery cost, maybe you could include free 5 year warranty?

I realise that your margins are probably not very high, so you probably don't have much room for manoeuvre, but I'd like to check with you before assuming that you can't match Amazon's price.

Hello John, I'm looking for a budget priced 32" brand-name TV too.
    Both of these TVs look like good value. I see that both can play video via USB.

Yep its great value..
    I continue to be impressed with the picture quality of the 37" LG LF7700 I bought from your store in Belfast a couple of years ago, and so I would tend to buy LG again. I hope that the picture quality on the LG 32LK330 would be as good.

Yep that 7700 was a classic TV and to be honest we could still sell 10's every week if LG still made them! (see below on the tricky 2nd bit...)
    Is the LG definitely Saorview Approved? I see that on the Saorview approved listings the LG model 32LK330U-ZB appears. Is this the same model?

As far as I know there is only one 350U variant and its 110% the 350U that we stock - we have shipped many many of them into the ROI ( I took one down myself today and they are all working away happily with Saorview
    I would very much like to give repeat Business to RicherSounds. I've always liked your company's great attitude to customer service and honesty in your dealings.
    I would very much like to give repeat Business to RicherSounds. I've always liked your company's great attitude to customer service and honesty in your dealings.

...Sorry I did I just duplicate that bit :p...

However, I could buy the LG 32LK330 on Amazon.co.uk for £235.95 / €286.20 including free delivery to Rep of Ireland.

I've no problem doing price matches however I think you'll find that Amazon won't deliver that TV to the ROI at all (lest of all free of charge) (and I'm not knocking Amazon , I use them personally - WHERES MY KINDLE FIRE :mad::mad:)

This is what Amazon say:
    widescreen televisions (larger than 26 inch), furniture or some fitness equipment, can only be delivered to mainland UK.

Here:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=524836

What can you do to offset the price difference of over €21? If you can't reduce the price or the delivery cost, maybe you could include free 5 year warranty?

I wish! ...any idea of the margins on TV these days ;)
    I realise that your margins are probably not very high, so you probably don't have much room for manoeuvre, but I'd like to check with you before assuming that you can't match Amazon's price.

After saying all this - my advice would be to spend a little bit extra, and as you have the 7700, I'd go for the 32LD450 - which, ok, is £40 extra, but has a much better spec and is also full HD http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/32lk450u/lg-32lk450

If you keep the TV for approx 5 years - it'll cost you about an extra £8 a year.....

Keep me posted (and would you ever get Amazon to do a response like this... ;);))

ATVB and thanks for thinking of us..

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John, as for a personal response from Amazon, I don't doubt that they wouldn't take such a personal interest. I do appreciate the great personal effort you put to customer service, which is why I think of you when I am looking for TV or hifi equipment.

I am someone who is amenable to paying a certain amount more for better quality. I checked the specs on the link you gave for the 32LD450 and they don't seem to differ from the 32LK330, apart from the full HD resolution. Are you saying though that you can attest to the picture quality being better on the 32LD450?

The link you gave shows model 32LK450U. I did a little research and it seems to be that this is the replacement model for the 32LD450.

The specs for the 32LK450U say Freeview only (not Freeview HD). I see the 32LK450U-ZB listed on the Saorview compatibility site. As before, I'm wondering if the ZB suffix makes any difference.

Regarding the free delivery to Rep of Ireland, you're right that not all TVs are available for free delivery on Amazon.co.uk. However, both the 32LK330 and the 32LK450 go into my basket on Amazon for £235.95/€286.20 and £282.28/€342.39 respectively, which includes free delivery, even after having selected my Dublin address.

Your price including delivery for the 32LK450 would be £294.90, a difference of £12.62. Will you price-match Amazon.co.uk for the cost of the TV including delivery? Maybe you could work out a deal with me to include the 5-year guarantee?

Hi John, as for a personal response from Amazon, I don't doubt that they wouldn't take such a personal interest. I do appreciate the great personal effort you put to customer service, which is why I think of you when I am looking for TV or hifi equipment.

I am someone who is amenable to paying a certain amount more for better quality. I checked the specs on the link you gave for the 32LD450 and they don't seem to differ from the 32LK330, apart from the full HD resolution. Are you saying though that you can attest to the picture quality being better on the 32LD450?

The link you gave shows model 32LK450U. I did a little research and it seems to be that this is the replacement model for the 32LD450.

The specs for the 32LK450U say Freeview only (not Freeview HD). I see the 32LK450U-ZB listed on the Saorview compatibility site. As before, I'm wondering if the ZB suffix makes any difference.

Regarding the free delivery to Rep of Ireland, you're right that not all TVs are available for free delivery on Amazon.co.uk. However, both the 32LK330 and the 32LK450 go into my basket on Amazon for £235.95/€286.20 and £282.28/€342.39 respectively, which includes free delivery, even after having selected my Dublin address.

Your price including delivery for the 32LK450 would be £294.90, a difference of £12.62. Will you price-match Amazon.co.uk for the cost of the TV including delivery? Maybe you could work out a deal with me to include the 5-year guarantee?

Pye,

You'd do a much better job than Michael Noonan... :D

Ok I'll do the 32LK450 at £279.95 with free delivery - I can't include the 5 year free of charge - to be honest I'm not even supposed to discount the 5 year but I'll also do the lot at a round £300 and I'll sort out the paperwork 'creatively' at this end if we have a deal....;).

Keep me posted....

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Great John, that's a deal at £300. It's a pleasure to deal with you, as always. I'll send you an email to follow up.

Thanks for the topical compliment. :) It would be nice to think that in 5 years all these economic crises will be over. Who knows. It will be interesting to look back in 2017 if we're all still here. Maybe it's best to get rid of what euros I have before they're worthless :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Hi John,
    Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.
    SMI,

The best deal at the moment is the LG 32LK330 - it's a really nice TV, Saorview approved and it's just £239.95 at the moment - in € the current price is €289.99 and delivery would be £14.95 / €17.99..

Its a great value deal but I was looking for a 1080p set as opposed to a 720p.
    I'll do the 32LK450 at £279.95 with free delivery

This is the set I was thinking about potentially purchasing, and I was thinking alongs the same line as Pye regarding the amazon price.
    We are still hoping to get a TV from a family member, but if we were to buy a set would you be able to offer the deal above with postage to Limerick?
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Ok I'll do the 32LK450 at £279.95 with free delivery - I can't include the 5 year free of charge - to be honest I'm not even supposed to discount the 5 year but I'll also do the lot at a round £300 and I'll sort out the paperwork 'creatively' at this end if we have a deal....;).

Keep me posted....

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Can you still offer this same deal? How long does delivery take? I'm in Galway.

Also, do you have the 32LK451 at all?

Thanks for your help.

gandroid wrote: »
    Hi John,

Can you still offer this same deal? How long does delivery take? I'm in Galway.

Also, do you have the 32LK451 at all?

Thanks for your help.

Gand,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I've not heard of the '451' to be honest and i have a bit of a problem doing the 32LK450 / 5 year and delivery at £300 - as our cost has moved over the last week - but I can do it at £311 if you can move to meet me slightly?

Delivery would eb approx tuesday if you ordered tomorrow (Friday) and of cours given you live in Galway - the condition is that we can crash in your place in July when the Volvo Ocean Race comes back into town (the best party ever....)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

If I order today, can you guarantee delivery to Galway by Friday? Also...what is your best price for the TV (incl. delivery) on a standard 2 year warranty?

Thanks,

Gearoid.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.