Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plastering

• 24-11-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

hi we're after getting a solid fuel stove fitted and where the wall and space for the flue were chased out i was thinking of having a go at the plastering over the holes myself . the chase is about 3 inch wide and deep has any one done this themselves and have any advice. i'm up for having a go but don't want to make a balls of it . thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

a pic or 2 would help greatly as its not clear what's what here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

fill out the chase with bonding first,leaving it back about 2 r 3 mm for skim when it dries,have an old towel or cloth with you when the skim starts to dry trowel it up smooth and level to rest of wall,use the cloth to wipe away staining on original wall as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 theclemo

put a bit of sand and cement in the hole . next day put fillers on it sand it back about 2 hours after u fill it this will coat about 10 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

my advice,pay me to do it for you.

Advertisement