Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The famous coke lorry comes to Donegal!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Hey homer, was that the actual lorry that turned up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Flibbles wrote: »
    Hey homer, was that the actual lorry that turned up?

Nope it's just a random photo off google, first one I seen. The lorry in buncranna was just a red lorry with a curtain sided trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Good on ya, blindly come into a thread and post without reading the other posts.

No it wasn't a replica lorry, It was an ordinary lorry with an ordinary curtain trailer with the curtains open. The only resemblance to the Coca cola lorry was the colour, it was red. To be honest I find it insulting that you'd think that "most people wouldn't know the difference", seriously do you think most people cannot tell the difference between this lorry and this lorry?

I was going to bring 2 kids (12 +5) and 2 adults and myself to go and see the coca cola lorry in Belfast, the kids (and us) were really looking forward to it, but when the gateway announced that they had the legendary coca cola lorry coming we decided not to go to Belfast, what was the point. You can Imagine the disappointment when I had to tell them we weren't going to see the coca cola lorry after over a month of build up too it. There were a good few people in the same boat as me too. So yes it is all about the kid's fun but the gateway spoiled the kids fun this time around.

Like I said if it wasn't their fault fair enough but their response of "ah it'll be grand" and less than satisfactory replies like the one a few posts ago don't help their cause.
    muffler wrote:
    Thats a ridiculous comment to make. I'm assuming you dont have kids.

Maybe both of you read my post in the wrong way. I was just saying what i heard, because its buncrana after all, you hear all kinds of different stories. Maybe ill highlight some of the stuff that you obviously didnt read the right way.
    Fracture wrote:
    Apparently it was a replica lorry, im not sure, just saying what i heard. I could see the lights off the lorry as it came into the town, but from a distance. Anyway, if it looks really similar, what does it matter, most people wouldnt know the difference, is it not fun for the kids either way?

By "most people wouldnt know the difference, i meant the kids and if it
    was really similar they might not know the difference. I only heard about it about an hour before it was due to come into the town and i havent heard anything about it since, so other than what i read in this forum i didnt hear anything else.
    To be honest I find it insulting that you'd think that "most people wouldn't know the difference", seriously do you think most people cannot tell the difference between this lorry

To be honest i find it insulting that your using this tone with me over a bloody comment, even tho i didnt see the lorry, all i was saying is that IF its similar they might not know the difference. The original lorry had supermac's plastered on the side of it too didnt it? or is that lorry similar to the real one? i cant tell.

Your obviously annoyed by it, and tbh if i had kids and i wanted them to see the lorry or a replica one but ended up with some crap lorry id be p****d off too, but dont take it out on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A bit of advice here Fracture...and I wont charge for it. Throw the spade away before that hole you're digging gets any deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I didn't come in here for an argument, and i'm still not gonna have one, ill remember not to stick up for myself in the future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement