Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Touch from US -how much have people paid?

• 24-11-2011 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I know from other threads that some people on here have bought the Kindle touch from the states using an intermediary service which provides a US address for the order and then forwards it on to you for shipping costs. 

My question is how much have those of you who have done this paid, all told? That is for everything including shipping and custom duties?

My girlfriend wants to get me one of these for Xmas, but the Kindle that's available here is pretty crap, imo. So I'm trying to figure out if its worth my while to have her get me one this way. 

The other option is Ebay. There are various merchants on there who are selling the Kindle Touch internationally for what amounts to about $150 when you factor in shipping (which is about €113). Some even seem to claim that they can get around custom duties by marking the item as a gift (which is actually accurate in my case) but I'm not sure how reliable that method is.

Advertisement