Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pub in the airport?

• 24-11-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

flying out at 9.30 in the morning, i need something to steady the nerves...anyone know what time the bars open in the airport? Will it be possible to get a pint?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Ah yeah, I've had a pint at 5am in the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

hip flask ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I hope you're not the pilot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

rothai wrote: »
    flying out at 9.30 in the morning, i need something to steady the nerves...anyone know what time the bars open in the airport? Will it be possible to get a pint?
    Killeshandra has an airport now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

What airport?

Yeah it's usually open but why not go to your doc and get something in tablet form?

Really takes the edge off the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

You should be able to get one airside at that time i think.

Its obligatory to have at a pint at the airport before flying out on the holliers-regardless of time./ awaits beating from non-drinkers group/previously unseen irish-amish community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭rothai

I dont think i'm flying, but i'll only have the one incase i'm asked to take over. although the chances of meeting a check point...

lol, killeshandra doesnt have one yet, although brendan smith was down there a couple of weeks ago and promises if FF get back in he promises to make sure one is built!

but for the minute i''ll be flying from dublin airport
    thanks for the replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭rothai

Sky King wrote: »
    What airport?

Yeah it's usually open but why not go to your doc and get something in tablet form?

Really takes the edge off the day.

jebus i must find out what doctor you go to, he sounds good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You might need to specify which airport, Dublin, Cork and Shannon all have pubs and some other privately owned smaller airports may have too.

Dublin:
    http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/shops-restaurants/bars-restaurants/bars-restaurants-terminal-1.aspx

Cork:
    http://www.corkairport.com/gns/shops-restaurants/bars-restaurants.aspx

Shannon:
    http://www.shannonairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/bars-restaurants.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shano1888

no chance at all of you not being served at 9.30am in an irish airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've been half pished getting on 8am saturday morning flights plenty of times, you'll be grand. . . ah nostalgia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Will it be possible to get a pint?

Does a large ursine mammal sometimes need to rhetorically evacuate its bowels in a densely wooded area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

When Temple Bar closes around 3, us seasoned drinkers get a cab out to the airport and let the session continue :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You would buy 6 cans in Tesco for the price of a pint at the airport. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

the shops and bars open at 4am in the airport.airport bar crawls ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I wonder do any alcos book flights so they can just go drinking early in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

They should have an airport in the pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

I wonder do any alcos book flights so they can just go drinking early in the morning.

Maybe they just stock up from the supermarket/off licence....unless they are posh alcos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

I cani't imagine why you need dutch courage.Flying is pefectly safe.
    Just look at this video:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

jebus i must find out what doctor you go to, he sounds good ;)

Well given my user name I have no issue with flying but my buddy gets loaded up on prescription valium before he goes flying. It's funny - turns him into a robot, kinda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

i need something to steady the nerves..

You're more likely to be killed in the taxi on the way to the airport so better get a few in before you leave the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Solair wrote: »
    You might need to specify which airport, Dublin, Cork and Shannon all have pubs and some other privately owned smaller airports may have too.

He doesn't need to specify. There's only one proper airport in Ireland...the others are more like airstrips :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

fill up before u get on, its like 5e for a half can on the plane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

IS there an airpost outside the pub is the question i want to know..

Advertisement