Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud backup ?

Options
  • 24-11-2011 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any plans to introduce a cloud backup service/product ?

I'm looking for a solution right now as I have 1.7GB to backup - Photos/documents/music

I'm just looking for a home solution that I can FTP the files to initially & then use continuous monitoring to keep them up to date.

Hosting Ireland have a product - http://www.hostingireland.ie/onlinebackup.php But I have an account with you guys & would prefer to keep my business there.

I tried a couple of services in the US but the delay was too long as there was no ftp of files first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We're meant to be launching an online backup service which would be tightly integrated with our control panel, billing system etc.,

I'll check with our CTO for an update

Thanks

Michele

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

any update on this? im interested myself. thanks

If we don't launch it before Christmas then I'd expect it to go live early in the New Year ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Blacknight wrote: »
    If we don't launch it before Christmas then I'd expect it to go live early in the New Year ..

Hi there, any update at all on this? I know the new year has only just begun but I need to find a cloud-based back-up solution soon for about 160GB initially for a charity I'm involved with.

Thanks

Peter

Hope to have an update from our CTO in the next couple of days ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Hi there,

Any news on this yet?

I'm hoping we'll be able to announce details in the next couple of weeks

Keep an eye on our blog:

http://blog.blacknight.com

Advertisement