Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funky Pubs in town

Options
  • 24-11-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I'm heading into town for the Kasabian gig on Saturday night and am looking for a funky pub to take my French lady friend to before the gig. Went to the Twisted Pepper before which was cool but looking to try somewhere different this time round.

Suggestions please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Try the Shibeen Chic on Wexford St, directly across from the George. Cool place. Think its changed ownership but still the same vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Shibeen Chic is on George's Street near the junction with Dame Street. However, I thought it was closed down by court order the other week no?

If you're going to the point you'll want to stay near the luas red line so I'd suggest either the grand social on Liffey Street (used to be called Pravda) or else Dice bar on Queen Street near Smithfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Actually, I'd really like to check out the Shebeen but is it still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

dceire wrote: »
    Actually, I'd really like to check out the Shebeen but is it still open?

Yeah it's changed ownership and is now called Shebeen.

The old manager's looking for a new location and is encouraging people to boycott the old location.

As Dick Turnip said, Dice is pretty cool and conveniently on the Luas line for the gig. There's some kinda posh but cool bars up near the O2 and Hannover Dock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Wouldn't call it 'funky' as such, but the M.V Cill Airne boat bar on the Liffey is grand and a hop to the Point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭IdidIt

A bit out of the way but the South William on South William street is a great spot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

WindSock wrote: »
    Wouldn't call it 'funky' as such, but the M.V Cill Airne boat bar on the Liffey is grand and a hop to the Point.

Probably a silly question but where exactly is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Degsy wrote: »

Somewhere along Custom House Quay, afaik. Near the famine statues

edit:

It's on North Wall Quay, and is on google maps if you look there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Des wrote: »
    Somewhere along Custom House Quay, afaik. Near the famine statues
    `

Cool..must check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

`

Cool..must check it out.

I edited my post, it's further East than I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Des wrote: »
    I edited my post, it's further East than I thought.

They should probably drop anchor, it keeps drifting....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Outside the Convention Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Solas or Anseo on Wexford/Camden Street are both cool. Would also second the motion of Sheeben but havent been there since the change of ownership. Also, The South William on South William Street is a nice spot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 blackburst

I hear south william bar is closing down soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

A landmark bar in Dublin is closing down due to a dispute with the bank running and Diageo, Searsons pub in Baggot street with a 40,000 euro profit each week wanted a reduction of the rental 8,000 euro a week but Diageo refused to budge on the price,Searsons had a staff of 20 workers

Advertisement