Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you make the new facebook suck less?

• 24-11-2011 11:23pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm usually a big supporter of facebook, but I find myself on it less and less these days. I think since the new layout changes its a lot less engaging, and more annoying.

Now when I log in I see the same dam info 3 times: 1) in my news feed 2) In the sidebar newsfeed, and 3) in the notifications dropdown at the top. It's silly. Also since you don't get emails notifying you of people you have replied to posts you have commented on, you are less likely to reply, and more likely not to see it as there is so much noise.

I'm wondering if there is any way to change the settings to get it back towards what it used to be like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The ticker is a live feed of what's happening on Facebook that you could see. The newsfeed is what it is divided between highlighted and recent stories and the notifications tell that somebody has undertaken other activity on something you created or engaged with.

All three show entirely different information though there will be some overlap between ticker and newsfeed.

And no, you can't change it back! You can tweak the newsfeed by using the Sort button.

Advertisement