Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padlocks on Ha Penny Bridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

CyberJuice wrote: »
    i dont personally see the problem,if there was a genuine reason for removing them other than "it doesnt look good" then fair enough, like if thousands of them were causin the bridge to warp or buckle or something affecting the structure.. its certainly not as bad as graffiti or rubbish on the streets

I'd have thought that their biggest worry was all the weight from the locks over time would lead to weakening of the structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

CyberJuice wrote: »
    a few locks on a bridge its hardly the end of the world

i dont personally see the problem,if there was a genuine reason for removing them other than "it doesnt look good" then fair enough, like if thousands of them were causin the bridge to warp or buckle or something affecting the structure.. its certainly not as bad as graffiti or rubbish on the streets
    But sure that's all graffiti is, a bit of paint on a wall that "doesn't look good". :rolleyes:

Advertisement