Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2012

Options
  • 24-11-2011 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Acts announced so far:

Christy Moore;

Jedward;

Justice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pork U Pine

Link??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Link??

Think the first two should be on Aiken site as I think tickets alteady on sale, Jedward may even be sold out.

Justice is the new gig, June 7th, tickets on sale this Friday.

I have no interest in Jedward or Christy Moore. Would be ecstatic if Justice are performing after being at a few of their gigs before.

I have no interest in Jedward or Christy Moore. Would be ecstatic if Justice are performing after being at a few of their gigs before.

Well you're in luck then. Tickets €39 plus fees, on sale 9am this Friday, December 2nd.

No support announced yet.

I still can't find anything about Justice playing at the Marquee. I'm on my mobile so I'll probably find it when I get home unless you can give me a direct link?

• Advertisement

I still can't find anything about Justice playing at the Marquee. I'm on my mobile so I'll probably find it when I get home unless you can give me a direct link?

I cant give you an official link as it won't be announced until tomorrow. I've given you the date, ticket price and the sale date what more do you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Announced on RedFM tonight: https://twitter.com/#!/StevieGrainger/status/139808220872060928

Sorry... Sorta a obsessed fan so wanted to be sure before I wet myself! Thanks :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Is there anyone alive in cork these days who HASNT seen christy Moore in the marquee ?
    Seriously give the man a year off

Sorry... Sorta a obsessed fan so wanted to be sure before I wet myself! Thanks :-)

That's perfectly okay. Nice to see a genuine fan. It's a terrific booking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

horgan_p wrote: »
    Is there anyone alive in cork these days who HASNT seen christy Moore in the marquee ?

I havent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I havent :D

me neither, maybe next summer is my time to see him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

One year, just one year, I'd love Aiken promotions to announce something interesting, not an over rated sweaty bald man singing about lupadeedlelupadeedle and shovels, or two incestual bisexual toothbrushes. Next up will be the token rapper, followed by Imelda May (Nothing against her, she's great IMHO and kicks ass on stage, but she's inevitable on the line up).

It'd be nice for them to risk a few more unusual acts this year rather than play it safe, but I know it's a business for them and they have to cater to what the sheeple want.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Justice....NICE :D

Owen wrote: »
    One year, just one year, I'd love Aiken promotions to announce something interesting, not an over rated sweaty bald man singing about lupadeedlelupadeedle and shovels, or two incestual bisexual toothbrushes. Next up will be the token rapper, followed by Imelda May (Nothing against her, she's great IMHO and kicks ass on stage, but she's inevitable on the line up).

It'd be nice for them to risk a few more unusual acts this year rather than play it safe, but I know it's a business for them and they have to cater to what the sheeple want.

I think Justice fit the bill for interesting and unusual - it's going to a banging gig like the city hasn't seen in many years.

One of the big problems for the Marquee programmers next year is the European Championships in Poland and Ukraine - any night Ireland are scheduled to play is going to have a huge effect on attendances. I’d say Aikens will be looking at the draw next week with great interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

bisexual toothbrushes.

That's a mental image I could do without, sounds like something out of Family Guy like the masochistic sheep being sheared

Back OT:

I'd love if they got South Central, seen them as the support act to the Prodigy in the 02 two years ago, incredible duo, they do live remixes so no two shows are the same.
    They do the only good remix of smells like teen spirit which sounded incredible in the O2 with the sound reflection off the concrete walls where I was standing

That Prodigy gig two years ago was the best gig I've ever been to - the heat, the energy, the sweat and the nakedness after the gig ended, hoping for something smilar next year

My big hope is that they can get Black Sabbath!
    they're touring Europe from May onwards so it's not impossible

They sound even more evil with the songs tuned down and slowed down as they did for the Ozzfest about 10 years ago

It's always bugged me they can't book a lot of the bands doing the festival circuit in the UK around that time,
    that and the usual Elton John type concert with €100 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 86,585 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who will take Westlife's spot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

bloc party to come back to perform in marquee i hope.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who will take Westlife's spot :rolleyes:

Another Karoke show of endless keychanges?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭trebormurf

Stone Roses??

• Advertisement

trebormurf wrote: »
    Stone Roses??

Playing Oxegen or whatever Oxegen mutates into next year most likely.

They were shockingly bad last time they played Cork anyway.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who will take Westlife's spot

My bet would be on One Direction or someone else from the X Factor Camp this year

I taught for a good while they were Westlife when I heard their song on the radio

I wonder who'll be the classic crooner this year filling the €70-€100 a ticket spot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

evilivor wrote: »

Really? Have they not said that it was their second greatest gig ever?

trebormurf wrote: »
    Stone Roses??

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Really? Have they not said that it was their second greatest gig ever?

That reminds me,

I know someone whose convinced their gig at Spike Island took place in our Spike Island instead of the one on the Mersey Estuary

Never argued it with him, more fun playing along :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

It's never been topped since 2008 when they had Neil Young,Lou Reed,Morrissey and Massive Attack.

My bet would be on One Direction or someone else from the X Factor Camp this year

I taught for a good while they were Westlife when I heard their song on the radio

I wonder who'll be the classic crooner this year filling the €70-€100 a ticket spot?

I'd love it to be Michael Buble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Noel Gallagher would be a great booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

One year, just one year, I'd love Aiken promotions to announce something interesting....

Harsh. I think every year they've had a wide range of acts, something for everyone.
    Interesting & unusual? How about Fleet Foxes earlier this year & the Grizzly Bear/Midlake/Camera Obscura/Villagers gig last year? Justice next year.

I'm not a Christy Moore fan but he has to play, it's tradition. How he sells tickets every year is amazing.
    Having him or Jedward booked again doesn't bother me, so long as there are good acts, like Justice, booked as well.
    There are loads of acts I'd love to see down there but they probably wouldn't be popular enough to fill the place, so you can't blame Aiken for not booking them.
    ....Next up will be the token rapper....

They'll have some rapper at it, doesn't matter which one? They're all the same anyway?
    Over the years Jay-Z, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg & 50 Cent have played. Four of the biggest names in rap.

I'd love to see more Irish acts play there like The Script, Snow Patrol, Republic of Loose, Maverick Sabre etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I think Justice fit the bill for interesting and unusual - it's going to a banging gig like the city hasn't seen in many years.

One of the big problems for the Marquee programmers next year is the European Championships in Poland and Ukraine - any night Ireland are scheduled to play is going to have a huge effect on attendances. I’d say Aikens will be looking at the draw next week with great interest.

Good point about the Euros. I'd say some people will be caught out by that.
    Thankfully the Justice gig is on before the tournament kicks off.
    If a match clashes with Christy or Jedward, I won't be too bothered :pac:

Advertisement