Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Yeah you're fine. I was actually in row E last night, nice and close but not too close so you won't get picked on.

I don't think Dara O Briain does that kind of thing in his shows (at least not in a nasty way). I hope not anyway 'cause I'm going to see him tonight.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cb123

He banters with the crowd all the time... Doesn't do it in a mean way but he does tend to pick people and then include them in the show...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

lukin wrote: »
    I don't think Dara O Briain does that kind of thing in his shows (at least not in a nasty way). I hope not anyway 'cause I'm going to see him tonight.:)

He does, he did and he will (but in a nice way)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

lukin wrote: »

Ah I'd didn't mean he does it in a mean way, it's all good fun. Maybe I should have phrase is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kat151283

Sorry to hijack the thread but i have two jessie j tickets for sale for her 3rd july gig if anyone is interested pm me.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ADxxx

hi am just wondering if there is a carnival anywhere near the marquee ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

ADxxx wrote: »

No

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

there's a circus or something by the docks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

there's a circus or something by the docks..

Duh. That's the Marquee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

dara o briain was fantastic. he doesn't pick on people in any nasty way, sure he has a laugh and some banter with people, but that's part of his charm. and he's unbelievably quick witted, which i adore him for :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cb123

Dara was brilliant on Friday night, but so disappointed with the Marquee seating set up, I was in row E in Block A, down by the front.... The seats were back breaking and I was practically sitting on the person beside me.... Why did they cable tie the seats so they are overlapping?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

cb123 wrote: »
    Dara was brilliant on Friday night, but so disappointed with the Marquee seating set up, I was in row E in Block A, down by the front.... The seats were back breaking and I was practically sitting on the person beside me.... Why did they cable tie the seats so they are overlapping?

ahhh, thought my back was just weak. the seats in tiered section weren't any better, those seats were shocking. my back has been in agony since. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The Marquee is a **** venue, I'll never go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Did I hear Jessie J cancelled?

Seating in the marquee is awful. The seats on the flat are too close to your neighbour to be comfortable, so you end up sitting at a twisted angle for the night. There is more room on the tiered seats, but the ones at the side have you sitting at a similarly twisted angle to see the stage, and the ones at the back are too far away to see whats going on without binoculars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Jessie J has been deferred until tomorrow night due to a logistical problem. Tickets for tonight will be valid for tomorrow. Linky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Jessie J has been deferred until tomorrow night due to a logistical problem. Tickets for tonight will be valid for tomorrow. Linky
    Is she still playing on the third as planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

eternal wrote: »
    Is she still playing on the third as planned.

I don't know but I would imagine so. As tonight's cancellation wasn't for personal reasons I'd say it'll be going ahead as normal. I feel sorry for the people who can't make tomorrow night though.

Could anyone tell me if Jessie J was any good? And about what time she come on stage at?

eternal wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me if Jessie J was any good? And about what time she come on stage at?

She was fantastic her voice is amazing & she was on stage at about 9 :)

She was fantastic her voice is amazing & she was on stage at about 9 :)

Is it true she greeted the crowd with "Hello Dublin" and later told them to shut up?

• Advertisement

evilivor wrote: »
    Is it true she greeted the crowd with "Hello Dublin" and later told them to shut up?

am not sure about the Dublin thing cause it was very hard to hear her when she was talking cause of all the screaming but she did ask everyone to be quiet cause she couldn't hear the music in her ear

Anyone know how to get wristbands for the very front section of the standing area? its really hard to see when your not really tall

Anyone know how to get wristbands for the very front section of the standing area? its really hard to see when your not really tall

Usually it's first come, first serve.

evilivor wrote: »
    Usually it's first come, first serve.

okay thanks, would u have any idea how early is early enough ? :)

okay thanks, would u have any idea how early is early enough ? :)

Usually when doors open.

okay thank u

Fantastic night tonight, she's great live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

am not sure about the Dublin thing cause it was very hard to hear her when she was talking cause of all the screaming but she did ask everyone to be quiet cause she couldn't hear the music in her ear

fault of the sound tech surely. Imagine, kids at a pop concert getting excited and raising their voices...shock horror :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Bloody Taxi drivers blocked up the whole area after the gig.

And I left early and all.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

can someone tell me the name of the band/act that she praised at last nights show in Cork? I can't remember it? And also if possible, the name of the song she played from that band? It was a soul kind of band if my memory serves me right.

cheers..

Advertisement