Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

leahyl wrote: »
    Nick Richards on 96fm saying that there's an 'announcement' about the Coronas this morning - I'd say they're playing the Marquee

oh god save us! A substandard band announced on a substandard radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

leahyl wrote: »
    Nick Richards on 96fm saying that there's an 'announcement' about the Coronas this morning - I'd say they're playing the Marquee

The Coronas are playing the Marquee on Friday June 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yeah I know not exactly a huge act or anything but I don't understand why so many people seem to dislike them - they have fairly catchy songs I think. Won't be going to the concert but I don't think they're the worst band ever or anything!

The other act announced today is Olly Murs.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,585 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

evilivor wrote: »
    The other act announced today is Olly Murs.

Price starts from €39.05 and he plays Thursday 05/07/12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Me & the Mr have our tickets to see the Specials...

Can't wait. Should be a GREAT night!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I didn't think it was possible for the line up to get any worse. Hopefully they might get one or two good rock/metal acts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Me & the Mr have our tickets to see the Specials...

Can't wait. Should be a GREAT night!! :D

The Specials seem to be the only act worth seeing. Weren't the coronas in the savoy a few weeks ago?
    Where are the Big names?

The Paul Simons, Paul Wellers, James Taylors, Roger waters', CSNs, Al Greenes, Bob Dylans, Robert Plants,etc

Fairly ****e so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Where are the Big names?

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers not a big enough name for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yeah for Tom Petty we shall be attending..Cant say much for the rest of it though..We are only living around the corner from the place and have been dying for some good acts to show up as tis so easy to get to but still waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I would like if roxette played there, and mmm meatloaf again really enjoyed his concert and mmmmmm who else they could chance the Stone Roses but they are already playing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Milly33 wrote: »
    I would like if roxette played there, and mmm meatloaf again really enjoyed his concert and mmmmmm who else they could chance the Stone Roses but they are already playing...

I was thinking that today actually! They'd hardly do an outdoor Cork show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Olly Murs :D That just made my week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

and it made me weak ;) ( not in a good way! )

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

Hi lads my two friends and I are 16 but want to go to the Coronas but you must be with someone over 18! Do you think we should just go along anyway? Heard security isn't strict!

yoyojc wrote: »
    Hi lads my two friends and I are 16 but want to go to the Coronas but you must be with someone over 18! Do you think we should just go along anyway? Heard security isn't strict!

You heard wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

yoyojc wrote: »

You could always ask somebody else in the que who is over 18 to accompany you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Eh, Justice are a class act!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,585 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Olly Murs is doing a second date now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    You could always ask somebody else in the que who is over 18 to accompany you in?
    This.
    Me and my friends were 16 (and very obviously so) going into Megadeth. The behind us in the queue said he'd cover for us, without us even asking him. They didn't care at the gate anyway, so you'll have no problem getting in.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Olly Murs is doing a second date now

Jedward doing an extra show too, June 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Whats the capacity ?:confused:

Whats the capacity ?:confused:

AFAIK it depends on the layout but max capacity is 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Is it indoor or what? Just got tickets for the Coronas!

Also is the Clarion the closest hotel to the venue?

It's a big tent. The Clarion and Jury's Inn would be closest - venue is 10/15 min walk from town.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I think the word 'Marquee' kind of explains a lot really.
    The Clarion is expensive. The Metropole is a bit cheaper I would say but be careful of rates closer to the event, book now to avoid that. You have to pay for parking, it is like 8 euro or something. Jury's Inn has no parking and the Clarion has its own car park. Taxis in Cork are pretty cheap so do not feel compelled to go to the nearest hotel.

You can easily walk from the marquee to the city centre. Hundreds of others will be doing the same, and it's a well lit busy street.
    Still huge gaps in the lineup though. almost 2 clear weeks between token acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Steps. I don't know whats worse. Steps, Christy Moore, Jedward or Olly Murs. Music has gone to sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

This is beyond a fúcking joke ffs

I know Dublin is the Capital and in general will have a better music scene than the other cities but this is supposed to be the main music event for Cork this year and the best they can come up with is Steps, Jedward etc.??

Absolute joke - I'm going to Indiependance instead I'd say and I'll save my money for Electric Picnic too! :mad:

Advertisement