Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

Dermighty wrote: »
    People are still saying that??

Tom Petty!

Who the **** are the specials?

Why don,t you Google them :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Do they really expect many people to pay 20 a ticket and 5 euro for a plastic pint to watch footie in a half empty tent ,seriously who would bother?

cookie75 wrote: »
    Do they really expect many people to pay 20 a ticket and 5 euro for a plastic pint to watch footie in a half empty tent ,seriously who would bother?

They must be holding the other dates open for when Ireland reach the next round...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,585 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Red FM just announced Jessie J has been added to the line up July 3rd. Full details on tickets on the rooster in the morning.

She is doing a second date also now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I hate that kind of stuff.

Enjoy the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Is the current site part of the compulsory purchase order to be used for the redevelopment of Páirc Uí Chaoimh for which planning is being lodged in the coming months?

I'm only speculating here, but if it is, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't return next year in anticipation of planning being granted and site preparation beginning.
    Which would mean an end to the event unless they move scaled down version to the site of the Mahon Point overflow car park where they've hosted the Cork on Ice and that circus they had last year

The Beamish site had planning approved back in January with a 3 year construction phase expected to begin before the end of the year.
    If and when that event center is completed, I'd doubt live at the marquee would continue

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whatislife

Is the current site part of the compulsory purchase order to be used for the redevelopment of Páirc Uí Chaoimh for which planning is being lodged in the coming months?

I'm only speculating here, but if it is, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't return next year in anticipation of planning being granted and site preparation beginning.
    Which would mean an end to the event unless they a move scaled down version to the site of the Mahon Point overflow car park where they've hosted the Cork on Ice and that circus they had last year

The Beamish site had planning approved back in January with a 3 year construction phase expected to begin before the end of the year.
    If and when that event center is completed, I'd doubt live at the marquee would continue
    i hope not the line up is always horrible, useless event

Which would mean an end to the event unless they move scaled down version to the site of the Mahon Point overflow car park where they've hosted the Cork on Ice and that circus they had last year

Remember when they used to have gigs on the site where Anglesea St Garda station is? It was an empty site for yonks, then they had loads of beat on the streets there.
    Mad laugh.Electric eddy... zig and zag...
    Then it got built on.

• Advertisement

did a bit of research:
    savemarinapark.com:
    The land that is used for the Live at the Marquee events and Funderland, It once belonged to Howard Holdings Limited but is now believed to be in NAMA

ignore what I wrote above :) - I taught it was all part of the Munster Agricultural Showgrounds

Crisis averted - we'll have a few more years at least

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is there any way to get tickets without paying ticketmaster's extorionate fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Faith wrote: »
    Is there any way to get tickets without paying ticketmaster's extorionate fees?

if you buy from the TicketMaster kiosk in Merchant's Quay SC I don't think you are liable for the handling fees. This used to be the case anyway, I'm open to correction however.

Has anyone sold out yet?

€82.50 for Tom Petty.

Thieving ****ing *****!

Jesse J tickets for O2 Dublin start at 33 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has anyone sold out yet?

AFAIK, Imelda May, The Coronas and at least one of the Jessie J nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jesse J tickets for O2 Dublin start at 33 euros

Ehh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

Does anyone know of a good pub to go before or after The Specials gig where they
    will be playing some decent Ska music??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Justice next week, cant frickin wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

€82.50 for Tom Petty.

Thieving ****ing *****!

Agreed....The Mrs was just asking Me about those tickets...

Thought We both would get there for €80.00...Little did We know it would cost more than that EACH..

No way are We paying out that much.

Ahh well...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

Well I just got The Tom Petty tickets a little cheaper of seatwave. I justify it as being my early birthday treat! ;)

Can you take cameras or the likes?? Or will you get thrown out? Most just use their phones anyway don't they?:confused:

Gormal wrote: »
    Well I just got The Tom Petty tickets a little cheaper of seatwave. I justify it as being my early birthday treat! ;)

Can you take cameras or the likes?? Or will you get thrown out? Most just use their phones anyway don't they?:confused:

Normally, as long as you're not too in your face about it, you'll be fine unless you have a big professional rig and are not using flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

so you could take a small camcorder but not use your camera with flash.......duh some of us want mementos. :p

think I'll take my spare phone then...... just better learn how to use it...lol

Gormal wrote: »
    so you could take a small camcorder but not use your camera with flash.......duh some of us want mementos. :p

think I'll take my spare phone then...... just better learn how to use it...lol

Hard to perform on stage when you are getting flash bulbs in your face.

You wouldn't need to use the flash when the stage is properly lit, pictures will come out a lot better if you turn the flash off

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

€82.50 for Tom Petty.

Thieving ****ing *****!

Picnic down the monaghan road by the marina with a few cans , plenty of people doing that every year. Not kids either.

There's a lot of naggins in €80

I'll most likely never see Tom Petty or the Heartbreakers live again so it's worth it for that reason alone, I grew up with the Travelling Wilbury's and Tom Petty to it's nostalgic!
    SexyGuy wrote: »
    Agreed....The Mrs was just asking Me about those tickets...

Thought We both would get there for €80.00...Little did We know it would cost more than that EACH..

No way are We paying out that much.

Ahh well...

Ah well that's not realistic at all, most musicians of that calibre charge at least €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I'll most likely never see Tom Petty or the Heartbreakers live again so it's worth it for that reason alone, I grew up with the Travelling Wilbury's and Tom Petty to it's nostalgic!

Ah well that's not realistic at all, most musicians of that calibre charge at least €70.

I understand that totally...

Defo a huge fan of his....The price did sting a bit though..But as you say,big big artist,,so it's not going to be cheap.

And,either way,,would be so worth it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 singin bernie walsh

so anyway my "friend" decides to tell me today they cant afford to go to Tom Petty in Cork.Im landed with spare ticket which i cant sell as its not a sell out gig. anybody want to join me instead? i hate going on my own to gigs. i dont bite! pm me or something.....

Advertisement