Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

Can anyone tell me what the marquee is like size wise and protection from the pissing rain. Going to Tom Petty tomorrow night and the weather forecast is not good to say the least. Hope it doesn't affect the gig:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

JUSTICE!!!! It's going to be a face melter. Fcuk the rain! Jus-tice is going to blow us away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

TheGimp wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the marquee is like size wise and protection from the pissing rain. Going to Tom Petty tomorrow night and the weather forecast is not good to say the least. Hope it doesn't affect the gig:eek:

It's like a very large circus tent - when the rain is really pelting down you can certainly hear it but when the band's are playing it shouldn't be an issue. Wind is a bigger problem, hampered the Madness gig a few years ago.

It's on a concrete site so mud etc isn't really a factor. The bar is inside; the food area is uncovered as is the toilet area so the queue for the lavs could be fun.

I'd imagine traffic would be hairy enough before and after given the weather and the demographic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Flooding can close the centre park road so that could impact on traffic exiting the venue after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Tom Petty....woooooooow!!!!!!

As an aside, I bought a standing ticket, and they sent me some fúcking seated restricted view ticket. Hopefully there wont be a problem getting into the standing area, seeing as I paid €83!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Well lads how was the Justice gig? nothing posted here or in the gigs forum. So many free tickets flying around but i couldnt go coz of work. Sickened to say the least. But ya, couldnt have been too good if theres nothing on boards yet. Unless its still going on :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corkipedia

Tom Petty should be good tonight. Still tickets available http://www.corkipedia.com/wiki/Live_at_the_Marquee_2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Let's hope the wind today doesn't blow the fecking thing away..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Really looking forward to Tom Petty also. I've got my wellies in the back of the car in case I need to plod to/from Marquee - but may go shopping for a "wetsuit" at lunch time. :D Support looks good also!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I hope they match your red scarf Judes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Who is playing support for Tom then. We are heading down also but thank god only live up the road so score...

Milly33 wrote: »
    Who is playing support for Tom then. We are heading down also but thank god only live up the road so score...

Jonathan Wilson.

Steoob wrote: »
    Well lads how was the Justice gig? nothing posted here or in the gigs forum. So many free tickets flying around but i couldnt go coz of work. Sickened to say the least. But ya, couldnt have been too good if theres nothing on boards yet. Unless its still going on :eek::pac:

Heard it was amazing - fantastic visuals. Erol Alkan tore it up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

It was really good, went for Erol Alkan, who really got the crowd going, was surprised to see him as a supporting act

Wouldn't be a huge Justice fan, but their live show was epic, complete with cross and good light show, and even an Irish flag.

It is not often that we get music like this in Cork, hopefully more acts liek this are on next years lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

We're going to see The Specials on Monday.

What's the best way to get to the Marquee via public transport? We're on the northside, and was thinking that a No 2 might be the way to go...

Is there a better way??

TIA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Literally, walk, it'll take 10-15 minutes from, the city centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

Dermighty wrote: »
    Literally, walk, it'll take 10-15 minutes from, the city centre

I have to disagree with this. I walked to and from there last night. Very badly signposted, I went down there early so there wasn't many walking there at that point. Took me about 25minutes to get there and after the gig, in the dark, I took a wrong turn and it took me about 40minutes to walk back along a deserted road. Get a cab to and from the venue, otherwise it is a pain in the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

What's the best way to get to the Marquee via public transport? We're on the northside, and was thinking that a No 2 might be the way to go...

Is there a better way??

Walking from the Northside, isn't really an option. So I was right then. Get the No 2 and walk in from Ballintemple...

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

IMELDA MAY was just absolutly brillaint , being 7 months pregnant didnt effect her performance at all, a great night of music outstanding , hope she returns next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Is there a better way??

Walking from the Northside, isn't really an option. So I was right then. Get the No 2 and walk in from Ballintemple...
    You are spot on , the no. 2 is the job. Enjoy it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

cordub wrote: »
    IMELDA MAY was just absolutly brillaint , being 7 months pregnant didnt effect her performance at all, a great night of music outstanding , hope she returns next year

Ya she was excellent. I'm not a fan (the wife loves her) but at 7 months pregnant she really put on a good show, and it was long as well so fair dues to her for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

evilivor wrote: »
    Hard to perform on stage when you are getting flash bulbs in your face.

Oh contrairé, some artistes actually ask the audience to bring flash cameras.

You will find that it's the venue that sets the policies rather than the individual artist.

Des Bishop as few years ago at the Opera House asked everyone to bring their cameras, and flash away mad like, it's part of the atmosphere.

I was there for the Echo and was told NO photography, [yes I know there are a few who don't want photos] but I argued the Bishop had even asked for flash cameras, the then floor manager said it was Bishop's express wish so we left and De Bish got no photos in the paper next day.

Some time later I did catch up with Des, he had issued no such barring order ~ you'll come across this a lot TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 singin bernie walsh

tom petty and the heartbreakers were fuppin brilliant last friday night! god i hope they come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Imelda is magical! Third gig I have been to in 12 months!
    Amazeballs!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Any suggestions for parking near the Marquee? Heading to the Coronas on Friday but need to head back to Wexy that night so I have to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Any suggestions for parking near the Marquee? .

In the past I've parked down around beaumont drive and crescent in the past, less then 5mins walk and you avoid all the city bound traffic if you're going towards the link afterwards

my memory from the prodigy a few years ago was of monaghan road being blocked with taxi's, so parking at the venue may or may not take a long time to get out of

You could take a chance around the marina too near the stadium, but it would be fairly obvious that you won't be back for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

Any suggestions for parking near the Marquee? Heading to the Coronas on Friday but need to head back to Wexy that night so I have to drive.

There's some parking down there and you can park on the road outside too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

was there much of a crowd for the Ireland game does anyone know? I'd be interested in going down there for one of the remaining matches if the atmosphere is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Roar wrote: »
    was there much of a crowd for the Ireland game does anyone know? I'd be interested in going down there for one of the remaining matches if the atmosphere is good

Just talking to a work colleague there and she said she was talking to someone that went and 80 people turned up......:eek:! So I would say don't go there for the next match.....that's if they actually show it!

Advertisement