Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

leahyl wrote: »
    Just talking to a work colleague there and she said she was talking to someone that went and 80 people turned up......:eek:! So I would say don't go there for the next match.....that's if they actually show it!

According to Ticketmaster the showing of the next 2 matches have been cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

leahyl wrote: »
    Just talking to a work colleague there and she said she was talking to someone that went and 80 people turned up......:eek:! So I would say don't go there for the next match.....that's if they actually show it!

547102_10151744237507699_1928382893_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Sure what did they expect, charging 20 quid for it. At least if the ticket covered ya for a few drinks and food it might have worked.

Its a pity that this country cant hold live events in public places, like in Europe, for big matches without failing.

Apparently the event on the Quay in Dublin was just a scumfest and there's talk that the next two might be cancelled as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

ok weird, I heard there was 1500 there from a relative of mine who was working for the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Showing of the next two Irish matches cancelled according to ticketmaster .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Any suggestions for parking near the Marquee? Heading to the Coronas on Friday but need to head back to Wexy that night so I have to drive.

You can park (securely) at the venue. Costs a fiver. At concert end, all traffic is filtered out smoothly, towards the tunnel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

ok weird, I heard there was 1500 there from a relative of mine who was working for the event.
    That's just them pretending they were really busy. If that many had turned up no way would they have been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

maybe they said '50 to a 100' :)
    and even then, I'd wonder if the people who did show up paid in, or had free passes from radio giveaways etc..

The Pavilion showed it on a cinema sized screen upstairs and the place was fairly packed

For us, weighing up the options of heading to the marquee or to town wasn't hard considering the ticket price
    and the uncertainty as to whether they served only half pints in plastic cups and the possibility of Carlsberg being the only choice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

maybe they said '50 to a 100' :)
    and even then, I'd wonder if the people who did show up paid in, or had free passes from radio giveaways etc..

The Pavilion showed it on a cinema sized screen upstairs and the place was fairly packed

For us, weighing up the options of heading to the marquee or to town wasn't hard considering the ticket price
    and the uncertainty as to whether they served only half pints in plastic cups and the possibility of Carlsberg being the only choice

Exactly - I mean who did they think they were charging 15e to get in and then you had to pay astronomical prices for drink? A well known pub in the city centre with a few big screens was always going to get a bigger crowd - better atmosphere too. No contest

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

TOPDAWG2.0 wrote: »
    Sure what did they expect, charging 20 quid for it. At least if the ticket covered ya for a few drinks and food it might have worked.

Its a pity that this country cant hold live events in public places, like in Europe, for big matches without failing.

Apparently the event on the Quay in Dublin was just a scumfest and there's talk that the next two might be cancelled as well.

sad but true. RE the marquee, it's all about money and I'm delighted people had more sense than to go to that rubbish. If you really want to watch a match, home is the best place to watch it and hear commentary properly etc. If you want to pretend you're watching a game but really just want to satisfy your need for more booze then go to the pub.

Yeah, I saw that 3 on the Quay thing turned into a skanger fest, but at least they all got a wash:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Specials were ok last night. Played for just 80 minutes and there was a massive lull in the middle of their set. Good atmosphere though! Certainly not packed either, about half full I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Roar wrote: »
    Specials were ok last night. Played for just 80 minutes and there was a massive lull in the middle of their set. Good atmosphere though! Certainly not packed either, about half full I'd say.
    Tell all,was going to head down for it but monday night and game the night before,Many dress up for it?,any cheap tickets outside,any good post ska/mod gigs on afterwards,Terry in good form or just miserable?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

What kind of drinks are available on tap there? Did someone say only Carlsberg?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Anyone know who is supporting the Coronas friday night in the Marquee?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

tom petty and the heartbreakers were fuppin brilliant last friday night! god i hope they come back!

That was a great gig. Worth every cent, they played a great set, and best of all Tom Petty and the band all looked like they were having just as good a time as the audience were.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

juansheet wrote: »
    Anyone know who is supporting the Coronas friday night in the Marquee?

Half thought Bressie because he is supporting them in Galway, but he's out of the country on Friday I think. Would love to know though..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

eternal wrote: »
    What kind of drinks are available on tap there? Did someone say only Carlsberg?

it's been a few years since I've been there but they had Guinness there too, if it's a Diageo bar then that could be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I was there, 1500 is probably far more accurate than < 100. The seating was only half full but the standing area was packed.

The atmosphere wasn't bad, but I would have been disappointed if I had paid to get in (got a free ticket from work). The screen wasn't *that* big. We were seated way up in the back and could barely see. I'd be heading the pub for the next match even if I got free Marquee tickets again. Someone told me they cost around €40, not €15 :o maybe that was just for seated tickets?

As for booze, they had Guinness, Carlsberg and a few others (Captain Morgans and Coke I think?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lucio

Anyone won VIP tickets to the marquee with Vodafone? Just won some for the Coronas tomorrow night and wondering what the story is??

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Have spare ticket for Coronas gig tonight if anyone interested PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 annemar23

Has anyone heard about this being cancelled due to flooding?:(

annemar23 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard about this being cancelled due to flooding?:(

The promoters were still tweeting about the show 45 mins ago so, no, the show is not cancelled. The site is a level concreted area - there is nothing there to flood really.

Cork Summer show has been cancelled for today.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No, but I did notice last night that Centre Park road and Monaghan road had "Road Closed" signs on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 annemar23

Both are still flooded today!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

Hi guys, never been to this but going to the Coronas tonight. Is the floor just a field or is it a hard floor or what?

Just trying find out as the Mrs will get all dolled up but if it's going to me mucky then I'll tell her not to.

Cheers.

gabhan16 wrote: »
    Hi guys, never been to this but going to the Coronas tonight. Is the floor just a field or is it a hard floor or what?

Just trying find out as the Mrs will get all dolled up but if it's going to me mucky then I'll tell her not to.

Cheers.

The site should be fine, the walk there might not be. It is a hard floor inside but outside where the portaloos are etc could be messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

need a standing ticket for this gig asap, please pm me if anyone has one for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 6 griffin_sh

Anyone know if there is a support for the coronas tonight ?? Also anyone know what time they would be on stage , I know the tickets say doors at 7 , its surely around eight or half past ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

juansheet wrote: »
    Have spare ticket for Coronas gig tonight if anyone interested PM me
    denbatt wrote: »
    need a standing ticket for this gig asap, please pm me if anyone has one for sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

They were really good tonight I have to say, not my type of band but they did a really good set. Crowd were really up for it though, finished with a cover of Heyday which was kinda fitting, suited the rest of the set well

Advertisement