Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

The Coronas was an absolutely brilliant gig, well worth the drive in that awful weather! The place was buzzing, noticed there were loads of empty seats but can only assume the people in them had stood up instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ADxxx

my friend and i are both 17 & am just wondering if the security is strict on asking for ID as we've tickets to 2 shows ? can anyone let me know :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

ADxxx wrote: »
    my friend and i are both 17 & am just wondering if the security is strict on asking for ID as we've tickets to 2 shows ? can anyone let me know :)
    You'll be grand going in but the bouncers at the queue for the bar will ask you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Steps and Jedward?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ADxxx

thanks, thats helped alot :)

Ehm steps & jessie j actually :L

• Advertisement

thanks, thats helped alot :)

Ehm steps & jessie j actually :L
    You're grand and listen to whatever music you like, none of anyone's business but yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is Olly Murs sold out? I actually wouldnt mind going to see him but doubt I could get anyone to go with me:o

Also have to commend the parking facilities for the gigs, Dublin could learn a thing or two from Cork! Really easy to find the venue and parked right next to it, after the show traffic was filtered out with little congestion it was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Am I just getting old :rolleyes: or has it been quite a bit louder this year ?

I haven't managed to get to any of the gigs yet, but living up in Temple Hill its been very noticeable of an evening.

Maybe its just the weather but was wondering have they changed the staging or acoustics ?

Andip wrote: »
    Am I just getting old :rolleyes: or has it been quite a bit louder this year ?

I haven't managed to get to any of the gigs yet, but living up in Temple Hill its been very noticeable of an evening.

Maybe its just the weather but was wondering have they changed the staging or acoustics ?

Def not that you're getting older! Have had 2 or 3 people say it to me in the last week about it being extremely loud. My brother said he could hear one of the gigs in Glanmire!! Not clearly, I would imagine, but he could hear music anyway.

I haven't noticed it myself though tbh although I live near enough to it. I remember when Oasis played Pairc Ui Chaoimh years back and I sat out my back garden and listened to the whole concert - as clear as day!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

leahyl wrote: »
    I remember when Oasis played Pairc Ui Chaoimh years back and I sat out my back garden and listened to the whole concert - as clear as day!:)

Now That was LOUD! We could hear it clearly in Mayfield, headed down to the end of Silversprings with a friend and his two older sisters for the second night to hear it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dara92cove

anyone have tickets for friday 29th of june to see dara o briain, and willing to swap for thursday 28th tickets?

I remember when Oasis played Pairc Ui Chaoimh years back and I sat out my back garden and listened to the whole concert - as clear as day!:)

Now That was LOUD! We could hear it clearly in Mayfield, headed down to the end of Silversprings with a friend and his two older sisters for the second night to hear it properly

Twas the same for Michael Jackson although I was way too young to remember that but my mum said that it was like he was right in front of her singing, he was that clear :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

dara92cove wrote: »
    anyone have tickets for friday 29th of june to see dara o briain, and willing to swap for thursday 28th tickets?
    Have you 3 together ? Close to the front ?
    Will have to check with the boss if you have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

On a similar note. I'm taking my 11yo daughter to her first concert to see her idols, Jedward, and I assume her age won't be a problem as most of their fans would be youngish anyway, thought I'd check here just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

housetypeb wrote: »
    On a similar note. I'm taking my 11yo daughter to her first concert to see her idols, Jedward, and I assume her age won't be a problem as most of their fans would be youngish anyway, thought I'd check here just in case.

If your're going with them it with be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

evilivor wrote: »
    If your're going with them it with be a problem.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, She is so excited about seeing them(me not so much) and it should make for some nice father daughter memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

what's the story with street parking around the Marina for gigs? The missus is taking our daughter to see Jedward. Will there be paid parking in the Marquee car park as previous years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

what's the story with street parking around the Marina for gigs? The missus is taking our daughter to see Jedward. Will there be paid parking in the Marquee car park as previous years?

If you park on the marina, you may have to swim to the venue. Lots of rain there today.
    Park in the venue, at least you can be sure the car is there when you get out.

Parking at the venue is excellent, its a fiver and right next to the marquee! Smooth enough traffic flow afterwards too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I'm laughing listening to Mr. Prenderville and the reports from punters on Jedward's show.

The descriptions of Jewdard inciting the crowd and 'jack booted gestapo' machine gunning anyone who did ~~~ hilarious stuff.

Is Jessie J still playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,585 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do Jedward sing live?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Twas the same for Michael Jackson although I was way too young to remember that but my mum said that it was like he was right in front of her singing, he was that clear :-)

I watched that gig from the golf course in Silversprings at the rip old age of 3. Think it's my earliest childhood memory actually. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do Jedward sing live?
    Yes.

They sure as hell didnt sing live at Westlife on Saturday, think Edward may have had a sore throat but still took me by surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cb123

Will Dara OBriain go ahead tonight and tomorrow? From what I see on the news it's pretty bad in Cork...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

cb123 wrote: »
    Will Dara OBriain go ahead tonight and tomorrow? From what I see on the news it's pretty bad in Cork...

Should be fine I'd say. It's only Douglas and Blackpool that have been worst hit in the city.

The city centre is bone dry, though the approach roads may be sodden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

cb123 wrote: »
    So far it's still going ahead.

• Advertisement

silly wrote: »
    So far it's still going ahead.

Might be a different story as regards getting away from the Marquee AFTER the show tonight though - more heavy rain expected:(

Still, can't wait to see Dara:)

Advertisement