Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Talks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sony and MS will announce last year. If they're both smart they'll wait til 2013 to bring the consoles out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

sony has stopped all first party development on new ps3 titles. those currently in dev remain unaffected

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'd imagine they'll have something to announce at E3 next year with a tentative release date for the US and Japan around holiday season 2013 or so, if they are as far along as a lot places seem to suggest or assume they are. Europe will again get a release around in and around Easter.

Lord knows what sort of price it'll be though, not a launch day purchase for me anyways :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Lord knows what sort of price it'll be though, not a launch day purchase for me anyways :(

Something tells me that they have learned from their mistake with high pricepoint of the PS3 and PSP; that something is the Vita.

They set a price beforehand for the Vita and then used off-the-shelf components to make it.

I can see them going a similar route with the PS4, except they will probably use Cell technology also, now that devs are used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

everyone seems to have followed in nintendo's footsteps with the wii, ps move and kinetic for the xbox, i wonder will the do the same with the new wii...

so sony could have a controller based around the vita, they did try this with the psp but it just didn't work out, i could however imagine something like cod, having a map and your hud on the controller, not a bad idea but like it was said above i think they will try to keep the price down as i don't think they made too much from the ps3 itself profit wise but they did make a decent lump from all the games..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Otacon wrote: »
    Something tells me that they have learned from their mistake with high pricepoint of the PS3 and PSP; that something is the Vita.

They set a price beforehand for the Vita and then used off-the-shelf components to make it.

I can see them going a similar route with the PS4, except they will probably use Cell technology also, now that devs are used to it.

One can only hope. €630 really was a lot of money for people to fork out. Mine was €700 as I got a 2nd game bundled. Anything around 375-500 would seem reasonable enough. I know its a large margin between the two figures, but I'd think a price in between those would have people queuing for a midnight release. Hell €630 had people queuing for a midnight release :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I think they need to keep it around the 400 euro mark. Anything more will be deemed pricey.

More importantly, they need to not come across so arrogant (well, they probably won't be in a position to this time around). The level of arrogance dislayed by Sony with the launch of the PS3 was sickening.

Hopefully they'll treat Europe the same as all other territories as well. Europe got a raw deal last time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

Bringing it out at the same time or earlier then the next Xbox, instead of giving it a head start of a years sales might be an idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

it won't be more than 6 months behind it i dont think. 3 would probably be the optimum time period to release after the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Helix wrote: »
    it won't be more than 6 months behind it i dont think. 3 would probably be the optimum time period to release after the xbox

Depends on the time of Year. Xbox in November and PS4 in3 months later might not be that long of a difference but in terms of sales, people will be still a little broke after Christmas and probably a lot would have gotten a Xbox.

6 months might be better, how many of you (i know there's a magnitude cost difference) weren't going to buy a game on launch, no pre-order or anything but still found yourself in a shop maybe after work when you give in to you addiction.

People might be more inclined to buy at launch as if they wait they may feel that waiting more till the first price drop would be all right, i say 6 month would be best and if xbox hit in summer PS4 hits winter and visa versa.

3 months is a bit close, if the next xbox comes out then Sony could throw a lot of resources to getting the PS4 out in the next 6 months(if things were looking like they would be a year away) after that but 3 months is a bit harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I don't think we'll see the PS4 till 2014 earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Next E3 will see both consoles announced with xbox coming out the following March with PS4 before xmas. All pure guess work :D

Xbox dev kits are out so its only a matter of time, sample PS4 dev kits are at a tiny few high profile developers but i haven't heard anything more on that one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MS are almost deinitely announcing a new console at E3, I'm pretty sure Sony will or at a pre E3 event. It will be well over a year though before we see the consoles on store shelves, 18 months at the very least

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ninty will only be able to have a proper showing of the u this E3, I'd say ps4 will show up the TGS after MS show their hand.

Sony won't push it and also won't want to move on just yet not sure MS either as sales are up for both and costs are down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I'd imagine they'll have something to announce at E3 next year with a tentative release date for the US and Japan around holiday season 2013 or so, if they are as far along as a lot places seem to suggest or assume they are. Europe will again get a release around in and around Easter.

There was a report out there some where (I will try and find it) that Sony are going to use of the shelf components for their next generation system to keep the cost down.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PaddyQ90

Apparently there is a big press release event tomorrow, reports saying it will cost GBP300

Would anyone consider getting it at this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

245669d1335851188-hayabusa-back-being-fastest-stock-motor-bike-holy-thread-resurrection.jpg

Have a look here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PaddyQ90

Otacon wrote: »
    245669d1335851188-hayabusa-back-being-fastest-stock-motor-bike-holy-thread-resurrection.jpg

Have a look here.

I'm a stickler for proper filing! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement