Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In what is possibly the most bizarre post ever..

Options
  • 25-11-2011 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Right so has anyone seen those black and White 'ducks' in the UCD lake that appear not to move much and casually disappear and reappear.. Yet all they seem able to do is move their heads and ocassionally move forward.

Now someone has tried to convince me that these ducks are not in fact ducks, but fake, electric ducks. This seems a bit mad considering UCD doesn't even seem to have money for a new law school but it's true that they don't quite look like real ducks.

I realise I sound mad but I'm driven demented by this someone who keeps telling me they're fake! I can't be the only one who's noticed.. I'm going to go launch bread at them tomorrow if they haven't disappeared again but until then.. Any explanations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Not sure really!

Did you know if you say the word "oranges" really slowly it sounds like the word gullible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

the black and white ducks on the lake are tufted ducks and not as far as I'm aware electrically operated.
    they dive for food (insects etc in the water).

http://www.birdwatchireland.ie/IrelandsBirds/Ducks/TuftedDuck/tabid/166/Default.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

they are in fact robots :eek:

there is a little "porthole" that they swim into to get recharged

look at they way they move, it's just one big circuit of the lake with some randomised deviations

they've been put there by pulse security to monitor the lake and the area outside the library

they can also walk on land if the security need any backup

they shoot fire out their arses, don't mess with them

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    Did you know if you say the word "oranges" really slowly it sounds like the word gullible?

You know we're not allowed to use gullible since they took it out of the dictionary right?

More seriously, OP, there's no conceivable reason for UCD to have mechano-ducks. Someone is having a laugh with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

spagboll wrote: »
    they are in fact robots :eek:

there is a little "porthole" that they swim into to get recharged

look at they way they move, it's just one big circuit of the lake with some randomised deviations

they've been put there by pulse security to monitor the lake and the area outside the library

they can also walk on land if the security need any backup

they shoot fire out their arses, don't mess with them

So this is what they mean about the lake having been installed as an anti-riot device? Presumably the plan for a new lake is to extend the range of the robo-ducks.

Also, this makes sense why you are fined for taking a dip in the lake - and perhaps that skinny dipper from last year was actually attempting to do something about these nefarious robo-ducks before he was caught by security (the robo-ducks are unable to recognise humans who aren't wearing clothes).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Stasya_x

Threw some bread at them..they're real.
    I'm pretty sure a good 'Blonde doing an arts degree' joke could be made out of this..

Advertisement