Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bag packing paid job

Options
  • 25-11-2011 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Do you know that people who bag packing for Irishdeaf.com are getting paid for it. All the times I thought they were volunteers and all money goes to charity but they are doing it every week in Dunnes, Tesco and Supervalu stores around Ireland.Again I found out that Irishdeaf.com paid Deaf charities less than 40% of money raised there while packers get 27% or less and rest of money to owner of Irishdeaf.com.I don't like idea of people get paid to bag backing for Irishdeaf.com because charity will get small money which mean Irishdeaf.com get huge money for themselves

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I don't see the problem to be honest and would prefer them employing bag packers who don't really annoy you compared to all the major charities who have chuggers harrass and harrang you on the street for your bank details who also get paid.

And the charities who employ chuggers see even less that what you've outlined above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Mavis1 wrote: »
    Do you know that people who bag packing for Irishdeaf.com are getting paid for it. All the times I thought they were volunteers and all money goes to charity but they are doing it every week in Dunnes, Tesco and Supervalu stores around Ireland.Again I found out that Irishdeaf.com paid Deaf charities less than 40% of money raised there while packers get 27% or less and rest of money to owner of Irishdeaf.com.I don't like idea of people get paid to bag backing for Irishdeaf.com because charity will get small money which mean Irishdeaf.com get huge money for themselves

I have neve heard of charity bagpackers getting paid before ? I definitely wouldnt contribute in that case. I did a bit of collecting in a SC recently and we wore T Shirts with the word ' Volunteer on the backs.
    I am becoming cycnical that there are so many people professionally paid in charities now. Is the point collectiong for good causes or for paying professional organisation and management !
    I think in future I will stick to charities I know are voluntary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I agree. But I don't like bag packers anyway, particularly youngsters simply because they haven't a clue how to pack and I end up with broken eggs and squashed bread. I'd rather just give to my own chosen charities. I don't like any kind of pressure to give, as I already give, just not to every and anyone. The amount of stuff that I get in the post and via email requesting donations is just too much, I choose very carefully. There are a lot of 'new' charities around now that I never heard of and I am not so sure about them. Surely there are plenty of charities already doing the same work already? They must be overlapping the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

How much do the concern collectors earn who collect on oconnell street?

what percentage of concerns donations make it to the end user?

Advertisement