Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barna Galway NGB enabled?

Options
  • 25-11-2011 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi.

I'm on the Barna - Galway exchange.
    According to the NGB coverage map and Eircoms line checker, NGB seems to have been recently enabled in my area.

Could you clarify whether up to 24Mb is enabled or whether it's just the standard 8Mb?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi.

I'm on the Barna - Galway exchange.
    According to the NGB coverage map and Eircoms line checker, NGB seems to have been recently enabled in my area.

Could you clarify whether up to 24Mb is enabled or whether it's just the standard 8Mb?

Thanks.

Hi yomamasflavour,

Thanks for post.

The Barna exchange is enabled for NGB up to 8Mb.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Have a good weekend.
    Ant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Hi yomamasflavour,

Thanks for post.

The Barna exchange is enabled for NGB up to 8Mb.
    When is 24mbit NGB going live in Barna Ant ????

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

What are the odds of never?

It's a bit of a bummer, UPC stopped their rollout at the next estate just up the road from barna. So that's not happening either.

Well 8mbit is hardly next generation, it was fully standardised in 2001.

By the way, Sponge Bob according to ngb.ie Spiddal is now also enabled.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I see it is yellow on the map same as Barna but I never got an answer from the staff here on it.

Wonder if the 24mbit option is available out there ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    When is 24mbit NGB going live in Barna Ant ????

Hi Sponge Bob,

I checked with the broadband roll-out team and there is no indication as to if or when the Barna exchange in Galway will be 24MB enabled I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Thanks Mark.

No Problem.

Thanks, Mark

Hi again, by the way Barna has been enabled for 24Mb NGB.

Whilst on the eircom site, it said my line was suitable for 24Mb.
    I figured it was an error but decided to put an online order through anyway, thinking that I'd merely be refused.

I recieved the new router in the post, and my connection was upgraded today to adsl2+.
    Currently getting about 1.7MB/s, 30ms (compared to 0.7MB/s, 50ms previously). So happy days.

By the way Sponge Bob, You had a thread before about compiling a list of exchange locations. You wouldn't happen to have any idea where the Barna exchange might be?

Or even what it might look like?
    My current lines stats are for about 2km. Which is fair enough but Barna is fairly small, and I struggle to see how my distance could even be half that (talking into account wiring likely doesn't follow the shortest distance).

• Advertisement

By the way Sponge Bob, You had a thread before about compiling a list of exchange locations. You wouldn't happen to have any idea where the Barna exchange might be?
    c 600m due west of 12.

Cheers.

Advertisement